manjaro completely broke down

Okay I tried this and first it seemed like everything is fine but then the desktop background got black then the commands in the terminal where not found again and then back to as before with nothing reacting but the 10 seconds reset thing

Glad to hear it - now before you do anything drastic, try to just boot again.
It may be that you just had a good old crash, and everything comes up fine again :slight_smile:

Okay I tried this and first it seemed like everything is fine but then the desktop background got black then the commands in the terminal where not found again and then back to as before with nothing reacting but the 10 seconds reset thing

Does the machine exhibit problems in Windows too?

no problems in Windows

Have you just tried that or are you speaking from memory?

I've just tried

I would suggest to install some more user friendly distro such as Ubuntu LTS.

The fact that it can't find the shell suggests filesystem corruption, but filesystem corruption does not suddenly make your desktop go black, and if the shell were missing due to such corruption, then the system wouldn't even be able to boot up properly.

I am therefore beginning to suspect hardware failure. :thinking:

By the way, welcome to Manjaro Community!

:bouquet:

1 Like

I just tried it again and this time I could do a system update so I hope this will help.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by