Manjaro-Deepin 18.0.2 released

It's about time for a fresh release of our Deepin edition!
Latest upstream updates produced quite a lot of disruptions and problems, which I hope should now by solved. Both a minimal and a full version are available for

DLOSDN

full edition:
direct | sig | sha1 | sha256 | torrent
minimal-edition:
direct | sig | sha1 | sha256 | torrent

Screenshot_2019-01-03_01-04-47

Screenshot_2019-01-03_01-10-01

Kernel, as with all Manjaro 18.0 editions is linux419, current version of Deepin desktop is 15.8.

differences between minimal and full edition:

• ISO size 1.6GB / 2GB
  • the full edition includes the following packages (and their dependencies)
gcc-libs-multilib
gcc-multilib
adapta-maia-theme
baobab
brasero
dconf-editor
deepin-calculator
deepin-draw
deepin-image-viewer
deepin-movie
deepin-music
deepin-picker
deepin-screen-recorder
deepin-screenshot
deepin-system-monitor
deluge
downgrade
evince
evolution
file-roller
galculator
gcc
gimp
git
gparted
gst-libav
gst-plugins-bad
gst-plugins-base
gst-plugins-good
gst-plugins-ugly
gstreamer
isousb
jre8-openjdk
jre8-openjdk-headless
libdvdcss
libimobiledevice
libreoffice-fresh
manjaro-documentation-en
manjaro-printer
patchutils
poppler-data
powertop
pulseaudio-bluetooth
pygtk
qpdfview
redshift
subversion
sushi
ttf-bitstream-vera
ttf-dejavu
ttf-droid
ttf-inconsolata
ttf-indic-otf
ttf-liberation
xarchiver
xcursor-breeze
xsane
xsane-gimp
yaourt
28 Likes

Ooh! Shiny! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks, @oberon. I hope the holidays have been kind to you.

Best Regards

Congrats! Thank you for your efforts for the community. I look forward to trying it out.

It looks good! Thank you @oberon.

Thank you @Oberon for your great work.
But why is yaourt there?
Yaourt is not developed anymore and according to Arch Wiki should not be used anymore.

1 Like

Oh, oops! Will remove it with next build then :slight_smile:

We recommend pamac to do all package management in CLI or UI. pamac build <aur pkg name> is the new syntax.

9 Likes

may be add yay instead

1 Like

thank you

Thank you. I do have a question, however. Does the EULA apply to Manjaro Deepin 18.0.2 ? I am wondering because the EULA seems to be very vague and there is a community version of it so I am assuming it applies to other distributions using the DE. It also states that you are deemed to have accepted it by simply using their software. Sorry for the long post, any clearance would be much appreciated.

it does not apply as the deepin de is open source
and deepin os is not(kind of)

Does this make any difference for people who were already on latest Manjaro Deepin or is it only ISO-related?

As long as you have a fully updated system you are current except for any new artwork or themes, which can be easily installed. This goes for all Manjaro versions.

Yeah I was wondering how the DE could be affected. The fact that the EULA had a community version threw me off a bit.

Any update on the 18.x Lxqt edition?

1 Like

Thanks for the updates and all the work you do! This should honestly be an official version!

3 Likes

So I'm trying to clean install the new update and when it comes to the storage partition bit, it only allows me to manually partition, it doesn't give me a choice to erase disk, full wipe. Anyone else come across this? Any suggestions to change this?

I ran into this a while back. What program are you using to create the bootable USB? I can't recall which program I used (possibly Rufus or something similar) but I had the same issue. I formatted the USB and tried Etcher instead and that seemed to work.

1 Like

create new partition table in gparted or in KDE partition manager and restart calamares

1 Like

good to know. - I've already been looking for an yaourt alternative. - I'll use pamac in CLI now. Looks good just tried it out! :slight_smile:

Forum kindly sponsored by