Manjaro Deepin - Login Failure - Keyboard Layout Issue?

Hi Friends,
I have been recently trying out manjaro deepin for sometime now.
I am facing a very frustrating problem that does not allow me to login into my desktop at all.

At every login, it gives me the error message that the password is wrong. I have been through the forums and have tried regenerating the locale, modified it back to en_US from en_IN, set the keymap again to us. But to no avail. I am able to login only when I switch my password to varying combinations of spaces and then after I login, I change it back to my usual passwords... Is this a known bug ? any work arounds ?

localectl status
   System Locale: LANG=en_US.UTF-8
       VC Keymap: us
      X11 Layout: us
       X11 Model: pc105
cat /etc/vconsole.conf 
KEYMAP=us
FONT=
FONT_MAP=
locale
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

Kindly let me know how I can get this issue resolved.

On a sidenote, a newbie question.
I get into tty using Ctrl-Alt-F2

How do I get out of tty back to the login screen ?
Ctrl-Alt-F7 does not seem to work.

Thanks, Cheers,
RD

Systemd uses TTY1 as the graphical one. So CTRL+ALT+F1 should bring you back to it.

1 Like

I have never used non-latin characters in my password, as for this possibility to block myself out, because of such "bug". Of course, my systems are not mission critical or business or military operations client! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Until you fix it, keep your main user's password only digits and create another user for testing solutions. :wink:

thank you for your response petsam.
I had tried a simple numeric only password. It also did not work.
My original password did not contain any latin characters.

I guess it's a deepin frequent issue? Have you searched for similar issues?
https://archived.forum.manjaro.org/search?q=deepin%20password%20

Hi, I have been through some of the posts here...
In one of the posts, there was a recommendation to change the passwords to spaces, login and then set the keyboard layout to en_US, which I had done, but sadly the issue seems to be reverting the next time I login again...

Check permissions in your home dir.
Reverting you mean with normal password, or with spaces?

I have checked the permissions of the /home/ path. Initially it had complete permissions only for the current user, I tried after changing the permissions to 777, but the error still seems to be still there.

I meant the error had reverted not the passwords...apologies for the confusion..

Can you chroot to the system and provide info and run a full update?

inxi -SMPlxxz
sudo pacman -Syyu
1 Like

It is not exclusive of Manjaro. It is one of the known bugs of keyboard of Deepin environment. When I used Deepin OS, I always had that problem with keyboard. I used UK English keyboard as default, but Deepin OS reverted and kept US English as new default every time that you start or reboot Deepin OS.

Therefore, I abandoned Deepin OS and migrated to Manjaro KDE.

Then, you have to report to Deepin developers and not to Manjaro developers.

I have run a full update and there are no updates pending..

It does seem like a Deepin Keyboard issue.
Deepin just does not want to stick to the en_IN keyboard and keeps reverting to some other keyboard, thus causing the password issue. If you set the locales to US and the keyboard to en_US, the login goes in as expected.

I think this is a major issues which the Deepin Devs should take care of.
Thanks guys for the various suggestions.

You may try this find something relevant as, how/when/who changes the locale settings in your journal and maybe Xorg logs.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by