Manjaro GNOME 17.0 (Beta2)

Manjaro Gnome Gellivara Beta2 is ready for testing .

This build come out with all update in our unstable branch of yesterday evening .

So what will be the features of the new release series :

• We updated the stock kernel to linux49 4.9 LTS
  • We will update the Xorg-Stack to v1.19 series
  • We will enhance and improve Luks and LVM support in CAL
  • We will enhance and improve our Manjaro Tools & Profiles
  • We will enhance and improve our MHWD and MSM
  • New wallpaper and plymouth theme made by @edskeye
  • All Arc-maia theme ( Arc-maia-icon , arc-maia-theme and arc-maia-theme for firefox )

This is another minimal edition to test the core . I hope all is ok

Download

Stefano Capitani
Manjaro Team

17 Likes

Hi Stefano, great job so far. I like the new wallpaper and plymouth theme ...

1 Like

Seems to work fine - as always :slight_smile:
Just have the same QT5 Settings error as in Alpha release so the solution is also the same.

Are missing the file /etc/environment to set the qt5 style ?

Yes, but as previously solved by:
Manjaro Gnome 17.0-alpha1 :+1:

Well i have to check again why this config not export the set during the build :pensive:

EDIT: my bad :joy: i have correct in github the guilty

https://github.com/manjaro/desktop-settings/blob/master/shared/skel/.profile

but i missed the rebuild the pkg manjaro-base-skel .. :grin:

1 Like

@Ste74 thanks a lot for supporting the gnome edition!
I like a lot the new wallpaper, arch-maia theme and icons as well, although I suggest adwaita-maia or adwaita-manjaro theme as default (I think that most closely matches the wallpaper). :slight_smile:

If you want to use something that is close to wallpaper check here:

It's still in progress, so be patient. Also you can find iconpack and some more wallpapers on my GitHub.
Wanted all the stuff to be complete theme for my desktop and if someone want to test it, i'd be really happy.

3 Likes

@edskeye very good job!
I see though the same "issues" which I mentioned about adwaita-maia (and adwaita-manjaro) theme here.
Chromium and gtk2 apps are using the light version instead of the dark one which is enabled on my system.
I like the black color and I would prefer the same black for side panel as well.
Please keep up the good work and inform us about any change or upgrade. :slight_smile:

I really like the faba and moca version - it is eye candy :slight_smile: good work :clap:

...if i install this Manjaro GNOME 17.0 (Beta2), must i reinstall when the official Manjaro GNOME 17.0 is published ... sorry for my newbie question but i've tried 2 times to install the official Manjaro Gnome 16.10 and 2 times my system ends after rebooting in a hanging one. Only reset than helps.

No, Manjaro is a rolling release, once you install you simply periodically update.

That said, the Beta ISOs use the unstable repo, you may want to swap to the stable repo once installation is complete.

Finally a Gnome install that works smoothly on my field laptop. Everything seems to be working correctly.

...after the installation of 16.10 nothing works
...and now after the installation of beta2 everything works fine, how can i now swap to the stable repo ?

sudo nano /etc/pacman-mirrors.conf
and change unstable to stable
save and exit with ctrl+x
sudo pacman-mirrors -g && sudo pacman -Syy
done , welcome in stable :slight_smile:

1 Like

...done...many, many thanx...you're great !!!

1 Like

@Ste74 would you share default application list for stable release. I m downloading now the Gnome-Beta and going to install but after installation it s a little time consuming to think and search for what I need process.

:wink: see here , at the end the >extra sticky :wink:

1 Like

Thank you. A couple hours ago I downloaded stable release and it was quick but Beta-2 download speed so slow :frowning:

Unfortunally sourceforge mirrors sometimes not works fine :expressionless:

1 Like

Forum kindly sponsored by