Manjaro GNOME 19.0-pre3 (stable branch)

Everything correct except the last part: If you install kernel 5.5 and reboot, you don't have to choose it in Grub. Only if you want to load an older one, otherwise always the latest kernel is used.

2 Likes

Yeah, my bad. I thought of that a few hours after I asked.

What about if I moved /usr/ share applications & /opt to my home directory and created a link on my root partition, then recreate those links after replacing the root partition?

There should be a version of gnome-like, without many programs, I don't particularly like what manjaro delivers in the gnome version.

I can't find that packge, it doesn't exist. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

You mean the minimal ISO? Look again.

Alternatively, you could always use Architect and roll your own. :wink:

1 Like

hi,

I am new to GNOME, and I have to admit, for a notebook we have here, GNOME seems to fit so well. It works like a charm and I got all apps installed in a way I am used to do within another DE.

It's a first for me, and I do understand some part of customization can be done with the gnome tweaks tool, but, except for a general tab, no other tabs are visible. Nor can I adjust its windows size either.

I installed Manjaro GNOME 19.0.2 (downloaded 3 days ago). No other updates.

I assume it's something easy like adjusting a permission here or there.
Any suggestion?

Apologies for my ignorance,
Alex

Please post your own thread in #technical-issues-and-assistance if you would actually like some help. :wink:

Before you post, please see:

2 Likes

also, shouldn't this thread be closed since manjaro 19 has been out a while

Forum kindly sponsored by