I am proud to announce our release candidate build of the upcoming Manjaro-GNOME 19.0 Kyria release. This build is based on stable branch .
With our Gnome edition based on 3.34 series, we include visual refreshes for a number of applications and the desktop itself. The background selection settings also received a redesign, making it easier to select custom backgrounds. By default we added our own dynamic wallpaper that changes throughout the day. GNOME 3.34 also introduces custom folders in the application overview. Simply drag an application icon on top of another to create a folder. Folders are automatically removed when all icons have been dragged out of them. With a simpler desktop layout we gain more stability.
Our Gnome Layout-Switcher enables you to change your desktop layout easily with preset layouts that mimic popular operating systems. Available layouts are: Manjaro, Vanilla gnome, Mate/gnome2, Traditional desktop/Windows, Modern desktop/MacOs, Unity/ubuntu theme. We also automatically change between dark and light theme when nightlight is triggered. A new login screen theme and the addition of Feral's Gamemode rounds our Gnome edition up.
New features in manjaro-hello:
- Integrated gnome-layout-switcher
New features in gnome edition:
- Simpler desktop layout with more stability
- New login screen theme
- Gnome-layout-switcher: Change desktop layout easily with preset layouts that mimic popular operating systems
- Available layouts: Manjaro, Vanilla gnome, Mate/gnome2, Traditional desktop/Windows, Modern desktop/MacOs, Unity/ubuntu theme
- Dynamic wallpaper that changes throughout the day
- Automatic changing between dark and light theme when nightlight is triggered
- Optional firefox theme to integrate firefox better to gnome applications. Run firegnome-enable.sh to enable it
- Drag-and-drop support for desktop icons
- Easy access to Feral's Gamemode thru extension
We hope you enjoy it and please leave feedback.
Changes since rc1:
- updated Calamares to use kpmcore4
- small fixes overall