Manjaro Gnome fail to boot(?)

So ive had Manjaro gnome for a day or after switching back from windows 10. I rebooted via terminal and no matter what i do it doesnt boot, just sits on the hp logo after the grub menu. Any help would be fine

Go into BIOS and turn off secure boot and fast boot.

You also need to tell us what kind of machine you have. Make/model would be nice.

1 Like

See if this solves the issue... :arrow_down:

1 Like

Secure boot was already disabled, and my laptop doesnt support fastboot. The commands didnt really work. It is an HP BS015DX laptoo

If you can't get into the Manjaro how did you do the commands?

If you can't get into Manjaro then you'll have to chroot in.

1 Like

Maybe this might be of help then? :arrow_down:

I have reached an error preventing "startx" from starting, and im able to put in commands via alt f2 for the text console

What was the error?

(EE) Server terminated with error (1). Closing log file.
xinit: giving up
xinit: unable to connect to X server: Connectiom refused
xinit: server error

Sounds like a video driver problem, then. Don't tell me, Nvidia, right? :frowning:

Im on Intel intergrated graphics, no Nividia or AMD

That's even weirder, because the Intel driver should work out of the box. :open_mouth:

Hmmmmm... :thinking:

It just happened after a reboot, no idea what went wrong

• Have you updated (or attempted to update) the system before that fatal reboot?
  • What kernel are you using?

It was entirely up to date before hand, and currently on the latest (5.2.11-1 Manjaro)

I'm afraid I'm at the end of my rope here. This is above my pay grade, and I urgently need to go to bed because I'm about to fall off my chair. :sleeping:

I'll see if I can get someone else to take over ─ I don't even do GNOME, but some of the other regulars do, and they might know more about the GNOME editions than I do. :man_shrugging:

Edit: The Rohirrim have been mustered. Hopefully one of them will set you on your way. :white_flag:

What CPU (and GPU) model do you have?

Its an intel i5 7200u with Intel HD 620

There have been some reports about this generation don't work with new grub, but I wasn't able to wrap my head around it yet.

1 Like

I have used Manjaro on the same device earlier this year, so im not sure why its not working

Forum kindly sponsored by