Manjaro KDE / XFCE x11vnc server not working until connect Monitor cable to Rasperry Pi 4

HI All,

I'm doing an Project in Rasperry Pi 4 and currently running Manjaro KDE.

Issue Description:

I have freshly downloaded & Installed Manjaro KDE plasma from Manjaro KDE 64 bit OS in Rasperry Pi 4.

Then I followed below article to setup x11vnc server in Manjaro KDE and done successfully remote from Windows laptop / iphone using RealVNC
viewer which is working fine.

[[Guide] How To Set Up X11VNC Server For Access To The Current Running Session]

I checked even which process is getting triggered when the startup scripts runs for x11vnc server in Manjaro htop tool by connecting a monitor.

Process :
---------
/usr/lib/Xorg -nolisten tcp -auth /var/run/sddm/{36e85c3d-c00f-4d15-8511-218586ff1c6f} -background none -noreset -displayfd 18 -seat seat0 vt1

/usr/bin/x11vnc -nap -wait 50 -noxdamage -rfbauth /home/pi/.vnc/passwd -display :0 -nocursor -forever -o /home/pi/.vnc/x11vnc.log -bg

Now the problem comes here... when I finish x11vnc server intstallation in Manjaro KDE and tested from Windows & Iphone using VNC viewer
all worked good and when I disconnect HDMI cable and power adapter from Rasperry Pi 4 and I connect Rasperrry Pi 4 in another place where I don't have monitor.

I can able to get into ssh which is working fine but I couldn't get Rasperry Pi 4 Manjaro KDE remote desktop in RealVNC viewer and all od sudden I checked the process from htop don't see any xorg or x11vnc sessions and tried triggering the startup x11vnc.service from terminal but nothing work.

I don't see any issue in the configuration which is shared in the article and if I connect the Monitor back to the Rasperry Pi 4 via HDMI cable I could see the process for xorg and x11vnc.

so, It's look like some how Majaro KDE / XFCE OS is sensing or looking for Monitor cable to be connected to Rasperry Pi 4 device and then it triggers the xorg / x11vnc session.

It's not fair that having Rasperry Pi 4 to connect with Monitor always and it's not build for that and I switch to Manjaro because it's Arch64 bit OS and I really like it's rolling update.

but the real pain is when we don't have a properly working VNC server tool in Manjaro KDE / XFCE, whereas previous I run raspberrian OS which has build in RealVNC which works like a charm without a monitor.

This problem is pushing me to go back to debain distro from arch.

Please help me if you have any work around or fix it.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by