Manjaro Mate 20.0.1 Lysia released

I m happy to announce the availability of Manjaro Mate 20.0.1 Lysia.
No notable improvement in this release, only i have switched into the dark theme because seem matcha-sea theme has a little issue in the panel ( no more visible the label ).

Schermata da 2020-05-14 22-08-14

Cheers Stefano

31 Likes

Stefano,

Thanks for the fresh release.

In the previous release there where a lot of "mate"-icons missing in the mate menu. Is this still the case? I thought it was due to my setup, but I did already some fresh installs and there it's the same.

Can you elaborate this? Only to understand what you mean also with a screenshots :slightly_smiling_face:

Stefano,

I'will take a screenshot when I'm back at home.

I will be installing and testing today on my ThinkCentre m715s. Looking forward to using MATE on my slightly less powerful hardware.

Just booted up from the ISO (manjaro-mate-20.0.1-200514-linux56.iso). I am having some video issues (see attached).

Machine:   System: LENOVO product: 10MCS03U00 v: ThinkCentre M715s
       Mobo: LENOVO model: 36C7 v: SDK0J40697 WIN 3305019242275 Bios: LENOVO v: O2VKT88A date: 07/02/2018
CPU:       Quad core AMD PRO A8-9600 R7 10 COMPUTE CORES 4C+6G (-MCP-) cache: 4096 KB 
       clock speeds: max: 3100 MHz 1: 2200 MHz 2: 1400 MHz 3: 2200 MHz 4: 2600 MHz
Graphics:  Card: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD/ATI] Wani [Radeon R5/R6/R7 Graphics]
       Display Server: X.Org 1.18.4 drivers: ati,amdgpu (unloaded: fbdev,vesa,radeon)
       Resolution: 3440x1440@59.97hz
       GLX Renderer: AMD CARRIZO (DRM 3.1.0 / 4.4.0-178-generic, LLVM 6.0.0) GLX Version: 3.0 Mesa 18.0.5

IMG_20200515_064755r

Stefano,

see screenshot regarding the icons in mate-menu. (it's in dutch)

mate menu icons

Little issue ?!
Big issue : even in battery history and others parts. This matcha theme have a lot of visual issue meaning that's a draft ... never been tested !!! Totally weird ...

Hi Stefano!
This does not mean with this new 20.0.1 release, but with MATE itself in Manjaro. It's about an extension for Caja file manager that I was not able to find: caja-admin, a python-written extension to have root privileges in the context-menu in Caja.

There it is "caja-gksu" in AUR, but is not the same as that I'm looking for.
The issue is that in fact the package I'm looking for is in Debian, with the name "caja-admin", so it would not be very difficult to convert that .deb to an arch-package.
Why nobody has done this before? Is due to dependencies? Is there something else?

These are the dependencies on Debian:

I could make the arch package and put it on AUR, but before I want to know if there's any problem.

I'll fix this!

1 Like

i think roel is dutch never use dutch on any distro is it even a option ?

A post was split to a new topic: sddm not starting after update

Could you provide details on how system is different from ubuntu mate or linux mint mate ?

Battery percent is unavailaible inside battery icon or near battery icon with Manjaro :

Just a little heads up here. Not sure if it's Manjaro-Mate specific, but I couldn't get the installer to work with my configuration because my EFI partition was FAT-32 and the live disc can't handle FAT32 partitions.

After sudo pacman -S mtools I was able to get it to utilize my EFI partition but it complained that I didn't have the boot partition set. In this case I ignored the error message and that seemed to work. I had set that in the options, and I could see the installer did set it afterwards. Not sure if that was really necessary.

I just did a build of Manjaro-Arm with MATE DE. I chose first as local nl_BE.UTF-8. Then the whole system is in dutch and I'm missing the icons. Then for test I changed the display language to en_GB_UTF-8 and gues what: The system icons in the menu are back. So it seems the icons in the menu don't support the dutch language. That's the reason nobody complaint about it and also it seems I'm the only dutch speaking person that uses Manjaro MATE!

Have you tried nl_NL? The differences are minor I suppose.
I don't know for sure, but I guess nl_BE is rather seldom and maybe doesn't support everything?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by