Manjaro-specific packages which need an update

The thing is, Manjaro is keeping BUGGED overlay, why the fixed package that many of us is waiting for is not available.

I suspect that libinput 1.15.2 was added to overlay because it was meant to fix the bug introduced in 1.15.1 but in reality it didn't, the real fix came with 1.15.3.

Those who use libinput-gestures must keep libinput downgraded to 1.15.0, the last stable, working versions. It is already confirmed that 1.15.3 is really fixing the bug, so we are eager to try.

When we do a push to our repos we can check if overlays are older than sync packages ...

phil@development ~/dev/boxit-work/testing/extra/x86_64 $ boxit push
:: 24 packages with multiple versions were found in repository extra x86_64!
   Remove 12 old version(s)? [Y/n/d] (d=details) 
:: 74 package(s) overwrite sync packages!
   Continue? [y/n/D] (D=details) y
:: 1 overwritten sync package(s) are newer than local package(s) in repository core x86_64!
   Continue? [Y/n/d] (d=details) d

newer overwritten sync packages:

[OVERWRITTEN SYNC PACKAGE]  ->  [LOCAL PACKAGE]

mkinitcpio-nfs-utils-0.3-7-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz  ->  mkinitcpio-nfs-utils-0.3-5.3-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz

:: 1 overwritten sync package(s) are newer than local package(s) in repository core x86_64!
   Continue? [Y/n/d] (d=details) 
:: 2 overwritten sync package(s) are newer than local package(s) in repository extra x86_64!

fontconfig-2:2.13.91+24+g75eadca-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst  ->  fontconfig-2:2.13.1+12+g5f5ec56-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz
   polkit-0.116-5-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst  ->  polkit-0.116-4.1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst

:: 2 overwritten sync package(s) are newer than local package(s) in repository extra x86_64!
:: 1 overwritten sync package(s) are newer than local package(s) in repository multilib x86_64!

lib32-fontconfig-2:2.13.91+24+g75eadca-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst  ->  lib32-fontconfig-2:2.13.1+12+g5f5ec56-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz

:: 1 overwritten sync package(s) are newer than local package(s) in repository multilib x86_64!
:: Remove 12 remote package(s) and upload 12 package(s) ? [Y/n/d] (d=details) d

remote packages to remove:

pamac-cli-9.4.0rc3-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst
   pamac-cli-dev-9.4.0rc3-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst
   pamac-common-9.4.0rc3-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst
   pamac-common-dev-9.4.0rc3-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst
   pamac-flatpak-plugin-9.4.0rc3-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst
   pamac-flatpak-plugin-dev-9.4.0rc3-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst
   pamac-gtk-9.4.0rc3-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst
   pamac-gtk-dev-9.4.0rc3-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst
   pamac-snap-plugin-9.4.0rc3-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst
   pamac-snap-plugin-dev-9.4.0rc3-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst
   pamac-tray-appindicator-9.4.0rc3-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst
   pamac-tray-appindicator-dev-9.4.0rc3-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst

packages to upload:

pamac-cli-9.4.0rc3-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst
   pamac-cli-dev-9.4.0rc3-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst
   pamac-common-9.4.0rc3-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst
   pamac-common-dev-9.4.0rc3-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst
   pamac-flatpak-plugin-9.4.0rc3-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst
   pamac-flatpak-plugin-dev-9.4.0rc3-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst
   pamac-gtk-9.4.0rc3-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst
   pamac-gtk-dev-9.4.0rc3-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst
   pamac-snap-plugin-9.4.0rc3-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst
   pamac-snap-plugin-dev-9.4.0rc3-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst
   pamac-tray-appindicator-9.4.0rc3-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst
   pamac-tray-appindicator-dev-9.4.0rc3-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst

:: Remove 12 remote package(s) and upload 12 package(s) ? [Y/n/d] (d=details) 
:: Connected to master repo
:: Pushing changes...
 obtaining remote repository packages...
:: Finished package upload.                                                    
:: Finished push.

In matcha-gtk-theme fixed some gnome-shell 3.36 issues. Could you upgrade please?

20200311-1 is now in the unstable branch.

In other news, qogir-icon-theme seems to be a bit neglected. It's seen a few releases since the last update. It's now at 2020-02-21 and it's the recommended icon theme for Matcha. Last packager was @philm.

1 Like

@philm one more update for matcha-gtk-theme ( 2020-03-12) fixes some gnome-shell 3.36 issues.
Please upgrade.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Non-Manjaro packages which have been flagged as needing an update

GNOME 3.36 was pushed to the testing branch missing the 2020.3.15 update for matcha-gtk-theme for some reason. It's not even in unstable yet.

@philm I don't mean to complain and am very thankful for the work done by everyone involved. However, why should anyone have to post here to alert you the default theme has updated? I'm not the first one to do so. GitHub has release notifications. You should also check out NewReleases.io as well.

If you'd like, I can help out. You may have seen my AUR packages and my own PKGBUILDs for various packages on my GitHub by now.

I'm a middle-aged bachelor that can allocate plenty of time for hobbies. How many of the Manjaro team can say as much? :thinking: :grin:

1 Like

Frankly I even don't look into this thread at all. It is just a theme and I use XFCE. No one can expect that we update all the packages we have when there might be an update.

However, if you like packaging why not join the team. The more the marry. I'll look when I find time to update the theme.

1 Like

You probably want to rephrase this a bit.

Right now it seems (to me) you are saying that:

• You don't listen to useful feedback from the community.
  • You don't care about people having problem with the default theme for an official edition, theme problems can often lead to usability problems.
  • You don't feel the need to update packages in the repositories, to me this looks like one of the main purposes of the team, we depend on you for any kind of update.

I really appreciate the work you do, but I think you can find a better way to phrase your thoughts, I am sure the previous points are not what you really meant.

First of all: the issue is regarding Gnome 3.36, which is in testing and unstable. I don't have time to look up a thread of 1050+ answers regarding this or that package is outdated. If there is an issue report it to the project upstream and in really urgent matters write me an email. I'm more active in Telegram than in this forum. My only interaction with this forum is by clicking this and most likely read up to ten topics per day.

Outdated packages is currently my least concern ...

and where that group might be?
as i dont see you anywhere there.

okay as for the forum we can understand
as there are lots of threads simultaneosly and reading them
is not something one individul alone can do.

but i do think there is a need for cleaning repo.
and purge any and all packages that are not in official arch repo and on manjaro gitlab
and rebuild them.

you can ofcourse neglect this

We have a lot of projects in Telegram but are private and only for manjaro developers.. we have arm, pinebook, plasma, gnome projects.. follow all are hard so be patient.. also damn i m whitout a laptop for now ( breakeages) so One team member Lost temporary..

and you expect people to belive you are following it.

i can say im doing lot of public service and do work of million people and provide them food but in private.

jokes apart.
as idont do any such thing as im not capable of sustaining myself much less others.

but as things stand
it should be open to all people what you are doing ,in regards to this project which i belive is a community effort.
and its really difficult to interpret the impression
but
there are some things that makes the
user think like myself that there are some differences in transparancy.
and i also know that its volunteer work but it should be more transparant and more open.

but it has its limitations
and i as a wishful thinker
its possible.

1 Like

How would I go about doing that?

mprime from community, as well as the AUR version have an error because even with the hwloc dependency installed, it has an error about missing shared library:

mprime: error while loading shared libraries: libhwloc.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

The only working version is mprime-bin from the AUR, mprime from community or from AUR have same exact error about shared library.

On a side note, the community version of mprime is out of date.

Most of our internal communications are done via Telegram. We share there our ideas with our partners and developers of other projects. Write me a PM and if you have your Telegram handle and we connect to see how fast we can on board you to the team.

1 Like

It's in unstable now.

1 Like

gnome-terminal-fedora needs to be updated to version 3.36.0.

Last packager is @Ste74. I verified on Testing.

Hope this isn't a repeat of someone elses...

Since updating to gnome 3.36, dash-to-dock has gone from not working, to working, but you can't move icons around. On my Arch system, in the AUR is dash-to-dock 67+72+gc58048-1, it seems to be fully functional. On my Manjaro system, it doesn't show in the AUR.

1. Does pamac filter out some AUR packages on manjaro?
  2. Can the new dash-to-dock build be added to the repo?

Thanks for your time, if this is not the proper thread, I appologize :slight_smile:

Forum kindly sponsored by