Manjaro-specific packages which need an update

AMDVLK needs an update again :wink: The repo has changed also, so the mirror settings will need to be adjusted.

2 Likes

@philm There's a new "Emergency Update" (19.2.4) for Mesa. It has a single patch in it that fixes OpenGL rendering issues introduced in 19.2.3 (the version that's currently in Unstable and Testing). In this instance it would probably be ideal for Stable to skip from 19.2.2 to 19.2.4.

5 Likes

Thank you! building ... ... :steam_locomotive: :wink:

3 Likes

The build is currently running - if everything fits, the 19.2.4 should be available soon in all 3 branches.
Once again we are faster than Arch :grin:

6 Likes

Tried to upgrade my Manjaro unstable and I cannot because of Manjaro-settings-manager:

sudo pacman -Syyu
[sudo] password for fred: 
:: Synchronizing package databases...
 core                  148,4 KiB  1484 KiB/s 00:00 [######################] 100%
 extra                1771,3 KiB  1596 KiB/s 00:01 [######################] 100%
 community               5,2 MiB  1795 KiB/s 00:03 [######################] 100%
 multilib              180,9 KiB  1809 KiB/s 00:00 [######################] 100%
:: Starting full system upgrade...
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: installing icu (65.1-2) breaks dependency 'icu<64.3' required by manjaro-settings-manager
1 Like

Please, try it now - should work again

I noticed it one minute after my post.

I will later today.

@philm we have 2 libxpresent

extra :     libxpresent    1.0.0+2+gdd6771c-1
community:  libxpresent    1.0.0-1

... since December 2018 !! :rofl:

1 Like

Rebuild done in all branches with 1.2.2-2

1 Like

Is it just me or did betterdiscord get removed from the community repos?

1 Like

It did.
'betterdiscord' essentially deprecated..
AUR packages for example havent been updated since 2017 and have been flagged since 2018.
(from https://betterdiscord.net/home/)

BetterDiscord v1 branch is no longer maintained

It looks like someone has tried to continue the project at

But it seems incomplete and hasnt been updated for over 6 months.

1 Like

rauenzi's fork seems pretty current

1 Like

Funny. Links to that on the same page right under 'not maintained' .. :thinking:

latest commit 7 days ago?

This was the version that was in the community repos

Still works fine, or used to until it was removed

1 Like

Just got home and confirmed that if I install from the repository, it still works fine with the latest discord version.

All I had to do was run betterdiscordctl update and betterdiscordctl reinstall and the extensions I had before loaded

1 Like

New grub patch from Arch relating to the new initramfs setup, it's replaced their old configuration patch. @philm @oberon

https://www.archlinux.org/packages/core/x86_64/grub/

https://git.archlinux.org/svntogit/packages.git/tree/trunk/0003-10_linux-detect-archlinux-initramfs.patch?h=packages/grub

2 Likes

Forum kindly sponsored by