Manjaro XFCE doesn't boot after update

So you get to the login screen, and login with your password, and it just shows this?

What if you press CTRL+ALT+F3?

With this key combination I was able to enter the tty.

Great.
Can you give me the output of:
systemctl status lightdm

and
journalctl -xe

image image image

But immediately after that it showed again brcmfmac: power management disabled

Thanks.

Can you try running:
sudo systemctl start lightdm

And then again (assuming it fails) check
journalctl -xe

There are more than 6000 lines so I included only last part. image image

Seems like an Xorg dump.

Okay so what do you suggest me to do now?

The problem is resolved in this thread. You need to downgrade mesa or install the updated mesa-git.

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ll try it tomorrow.

Same problems to me after update

Do what @kayhan1996 linked this thread.

1 Like

I have the same issue.

I used stevenfalco's command to fix it.

Namely:

pacman -Suy mesa-git

and answered y to the prompt to remove mesa as shown here:

[x@x ~]$ sudo pacman -Suy mesa-git
:: Synchronizing package databases...
 core                                         218.3 KiB   286 KiB/s 00:01 [#########################################] 100%
 extra                                          2.4 MiB  1236 KiB/s 00:02 [#########################################] 100%
 community                                      5.3 MiB  2.99 MiB/s 00:02 [#########################################] 100%
:: Starting full system upgrade...
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...
:: mesa-git and mesa are in conflict. Remove mesa? [y/N] y

Package (3)     Old Version  New Version                     Net Change  Download Size

extra/libclc                 0.2.0+589+9aa6f35-1              57.42 MiB       6.77 MiB
mesa            19.3.2-1                                     -39.75 MiB
extra/mesa-git               20.0.0_devel.118876.645b1953-1  429.42 MiB      10.08 MiB

Total Download Size:    16.84 MiB
Total Installed Size:  486.84 MiB
Net Upgrade Size:      447.09 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n]
:: Retrieving packages...
 libclc-0.2.0+589+9aa6f35-1-any                 6.8 MiB  1919 KiB/s 00:04 [#########################################] 100%
 mesa-git-20.0.0_devel.118876.645b1953-1...    10.1 MiB  5.76 MiB/s 00:02 [#########################################] 100%
(2/2) checking keys in keyring                                            [#########################################] 100%
(2/2) checking package integrity                                          [#########################################] 100%
(2/2) loading package files                                               [#########################################] 100%
(2/2) checking for file conflicts                                         [#########################################] 100%
(3/3) checking available disk space                                       [#########################################] 100%
:: Processing package changes...
(1/1) removing mesa                                                       [#########################################] 100%
(1/2) installing libclc                                                   [#########################################] 100%
(2/2) installing mesa-git                                                 [#########################################] 100%
Optional dependencies for mesa-git
    opengl-man-pages: for the OpenGL API man pages
:: Running post-transaction hooks...
(1/1) Arming ConditionNeedsUpdate...
[x@x ~]$ reboot

Thanks for the help!

Now that "stable mesa" has been fixed, you might want to switch from the mesa-git back to stable mesa:

pacman -Suy mesa

The above command will replace mesa-git with mesa 19.3.2-2 (or later).

4 Likes

Thanks.

I also noticed that there are optional dependencies for Mesa which are described as "for accelerated video playback" namely mesa-vdpau and libva-mesa-driver.

Does it make sense to install them on RPi4?

Thanks for the reminder @stevenfalco and for your original fix :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by