[manjaro-zsh-config]

@Chrysostomus
First info: my terminal emulator is termite

During my development cycles of pacman-mirrors I noted an oddity.

Every time I want to issue a warning-info message I use the ansi code \033[1;33m but it has been bugging me it writes in green instead of yellow.

I suspect it has something to do with the manjaro-zsh-config which do something weird with the terminal so I was looking into .zshrc to find a clue. That lead me to the scripts/base16-shell bolder. That folder contains a convenient colortest

Please note that color02 color03 color10 color11 prints almost the same color and the supposedly yellow is not yellow at all.

zorg_select_2017-10-22-05_754x578

Hmm... Are you saying that you would like yellow to be yellow?

1 Like

History: I wanted to add another shade of green for maia theme, but also keep normal green. Yellow is my least favorite color, so I replaced yellow. In hindsight, cyan would have been the better candidate for replacement.

I remember having this color problem in my xfce4-terminal that uses manjaro-zsh-config. Thankfully I solved the problem by defining the color in my terminal settings.

Maybe you can try defining the colours in your terminal settings and see if it's fix your issues?

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/termite#Colors

1 Like

Yellow should probably be yellow-ish (or it's not yellow any more). :slight_smile:

Forum kindly sponsored by