Microphone Buzzing & Strange Recording Behaviour

My microphone makes a weird buzzing noise in the background. When using audacity, the recording happens in a strange way; the recording head will stutter and will take ~10 seconds of audio into 0.3 seconds, resulting in a really high frequency as all the samples were squished. Discord and arecord seem to record normally but with a low rumble, and sometimes a high frequency noise. Opening audacity seems to break recording for other applications, however. I tried following the steps listed here, which apparently makes the noise more bearable over Discord, but does not fix the issue with audacity. Thanks for any help.

Have you find any fix for this, because i am also having the same issue.

I've found a way to get okay audio using noise suppression*. Audacity still breaks things and I'm not sure why, but discord works fine.

*Install the noise-suppression-for-voice AUR package, then run:

pactl list sources short

In my case, this was the correct one:

2	alsa_input.pci-0000_2f_00.4.analog-stereo	module-alsa-card.c	s16le 2ch 44100Hz	SUSPENDED

I then wrote a script that does this:

pacmd load-module module-null-sink sink_name=denoised rate=44100
pacmd load-module module-ladspa-sink sink_name=mic_raw_in sink_master=denoised label=noise_suppressor_mono plugin=/usr/lib/ladspa/librnnoise_ladspa.so control=50
pacmd load-module module-loopback source=alsa_input.pci-0000_2f_00.4.analog-stereo sink=mic_raw_in channels=1

(This came from the noise suppression README file)
Make sure to change alsa_input.pci-0000_2f_00.4.analog-stereo to the correct one.
After this, open pavuctl, "input devices", "all input devices", and then set "monitor of null output" as default by clicking the checkmark at the end.

Forum kindly sponsored by