Minecraft LAN is not working

I was able to play a LAN game of Minecraft with someone when I was using Windows and Ubuntu, but ever since I have switched to Manjaro, whenever I open a world to Lan, she can see the world on the page for connecting to servers, but after she clicks on it, it tries to connect for a while and says failed to connect. We tried hosting it from her computer but the option does not show up for me on the server page. Do I have to configure my firewall somehow? Thanks for any help in advance!

:+1:Welcome to Manjaro!:+1:

Please read this:

and post some more information so we can see what's really going on. Now we know the symptom of the disease, but we need some more probing to know where the origin lies...

:wink: :+1: :innocent:

P.S. If you enter a bit more details in your profile, we can also see which Desktop Environment you're using, which CPU/GPU you have, ...

If you have a firewall active, then definitely you need to open the Minecraft port. Which port is being used you can see in the file server.properties. Unless you have manually changed it, it is most likely 25565, but look for server-port=xxxxx.

Good luck!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by