Mobile phone don't charge when connect it to usb port? (SOLVED) NEW BEST SOLUTION

The problem, you connect your mobile phone into a usb port, the mobile begin to charge, but after a few seconds the mobile don't charge....

[EDITED. NEW BEST SOLUTION]

You must edit (as root) the file "/etc/default/tlp" and modify:

So, instead of modifying USB_AUTOSUSPEND (global), it is better to modify the line about USB_BLACKLIST_PHONE
then

where is said:
USB_BLACKLIST_PHONE=0
must said:
USB_BLACKLIST_PHONE=1

save and reboot ....

[END NEW EDITION]

NOTE: If you phone still not chargin, modify USB_BLACKLIST(same file,/etc/default/tlp) you must add your mobile usb tag vendor:product (you can see it with command 'lsusb' from the console) to USB_BLACKLIST=

Example: with command 'lsusb' you see your phone is 2717:ff68 so modify:
USB_BLACKLIST="2717:ff68"

NOTE, below this , is old solution, only if above solution does not go.

The (old) solution:

You must edit (as root) the file "/etc/default/tlp" and modify:

where is said:
USB_AUTOSUSPEND=1
must said:
USB_AUTOSUSPEND=0

save and reboot.

I think will be good a GUI to modify TLP config file.

4 Likes

Good catch. I also had a device (external DVD reader) that would just power off, and I had to plug it into a powered hub to keep it operational.

It seems to me that TLP is getting a little to big for its britches.

It has its fingers in way too many pies that are not its primary mission.

How many people are getting bit by things in TLP, with nobody thinking of looking into it's settings?

Example:

# WiFi power saving mode: on=enable, off=disable; not supported by all adapters.
WIFI_PWR_ON_AC=off
WIFI_PWR_ON_BAT=on

Another:

# Select IO scheduler for the disk devices: cfq, deadline, noop (Default: cfq);
# Separate values for multiple disks with spaces. Use the special value 'keep'
# to keep the kernel default scheduler for the particular disk.
#DISK_IOSCHED="cfq cfq"

Sure, the above is commented out, but its really got no business in there, its not power management related, and its not clear if commented out lines are also the default, and it overrides the Manjaro BFQ default.

Yes, you are right. This story reminds me a little of what happened with "init system" systemd.

Where is the KISS principle and, above all, the principle of Single Responsability?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by