MS Paint Alternative

Lol, good to know (idk how to say that without sounding rude - and i dont want to be, just dont know which properly words to use) but I'm really taking care looking at system requeriments of everything

2 Likes

Damn! that's worthy of the "Quote of the week". :clap:

5 Likes

He did read, now he's asking you to read. :wink:

I didn't misunderstand what you were saying, There are already good suggestions. By going to the package manager and typing in Paint, You will see all the apps that are alternatives to MS paint. Here are some alternatives, You won't have to type, just click on the link or cut and paste. :smiley:

1 Like

@Yochanan

not being wanting to be arrogant but you didnt read too.. to do what he said i cant now, if you really had read
I needed to draw because you forced that just by repeating the samething, and its obvious that you didnt read the complete topic

@yawanthan
None of them have posted about the system requeriments (but really thanks)

1 Like

where is your system info. What type of requirements are you trying to find out. If it's how much ram is used, Then look up the programs and go to their sites and get the information you need. Not everyone uses paint, Most don't even have it installed. So we posted links for you to do your research so that you can understand and install the software you want. Have a great day, evening or afternoon depending on where you are. :smiley:

Don't just put out a generalized question and expect a specific answer. So the way you phrased the question is confusing. Will you be switching to Linux full time, or just dual-booting? My paint which is in the repositories, works on Windows, Linux and Mac. Asking a detailed specific question will get you closer to the answer you want. When you post your system specs, we can see what resources you have available and then go from there. Knowing how much memory you have can help someone to determine what software would not be so heavy on resources. In the future when asking for help please include the following information.

3 Likes

@yawanthan
Im really grateful for helping me, but i dont think "switch" have two means, (without being arrogant) i was pretty clear in the topic that i'll switch, now you did a generic speculation for a specific answer. I also didnt put my system specs because thats not what I want to compare here, and then I quoted about Gimp and I need other thats more lightweight than Gimp (not in storage, in consumption of RAM and CPU).

idk why so many people (without being arrogant again but i really need to say with so many similar answers) need to make the people swallow the things and its okay. All that I said now and explained is already in the topic but I needed to repeat again and again (and the problem is not repeat, is that this is happening just to make me swallow the things that is not what i requested help), and also I'm not just clicking in the URLs, I'm searching about, try to search the system requeriments of every recommendation here and you'll see that no one of them have any system requeriments posted in any website.

1 Like

try from a terminal : pacman -Ss pinta
in the output find : URL : https://pinta-project.com/
for more.
Maybe read $ man pacman and search to find more on this powerful package manager/info source.

hth

3 Likes

I'm without terminal for now, but really thanks (this will help me a lot when i switch)

2 Likes

Should work from Windows>

1 Like

KDE KolourPaint is one of the most rudimentary, yet fully functional paint programs out there:

3 Likes

Thats not what I want, but really thanks (a guy already quoted about Pinta and I said the samething, I didnt found any system requeriments of it posted in any website of the internet, its not only for Windows that I want, to Linux too)
But i'm really grateful for your help :slight_smile:

I didnt found any system requeriments of it, but really thanks

See the toaster comment above.

I mentioned KolourPaint because it is probably the most similar program to MS Paint on Linux, especially the older versions from Windows 95, 98 and XP. It's ugly, I hate it, but if you want MS Paint on Linux, that's a really, really close experience.

Pinta is much better, but only because it's not so similar to MS Paint. :wink:

1 Like

For the OP -- just so you can see how very similar its UI is to MS Paint:

2 Likes

You can plan as much as you like, but it's better to test. Install software for virtualization on Windows and then install Manjaro in a virtual disk. That way you not only can test if Pinta or any other replacement for Paint is something you would like, but you also get a grip on how to install and use Manjaro in it's wholeness. In my eyes that's the more convenient way of planing.

2 Likes

Please do not keep posting screenshots of your own posts with red highlights around words. It is better to quote your own post if you need to. It allows users to search threads better.

Unless you are trying to show your skills in MS Paint..?

4 Likes

for basic tasks, i use mtpaint

It uses the GTK+ toolkit (version 1 or 2) and runs on PC's via the GNU/Linux or Windows operating systems. Due to its efficient design it can run on older PC hardware (e.g. a 200MHz CPU and 16MB of free RAM).

1 Like

Looks charmingly ugly, especially with this GTK theme (and the eye-bleeding inducing dithered rainbow gradient is an especially nice touch):

But it seems to be a suitable replacement for MS Paint.

2 Likes

Pinta

URL https://pinta-project.com/
Version 1.6-4
Licenses MIT
Depends On gtk-sharp-2 mono-addins
Download Size 680.70 KiB
Installed Size 2.53 MiB
Packager Balló György ballogyor+arch@gmail.com
Architecture any
Build Date Thursday, December 27, 2018 12:46:22 PM CST

Just FYI, in Linux when you search to install software through the package manager you will find the info as shown above. All the suggestions would work only a few may have been Linux only. Please have a great day!

But I'm using it happily. KolourPain and Pinta use to pull many dependencies. mtPaint doesn't and it is the most lightweight on RAM. Well, it is a bit old, but it is ready and work just fine for non-pros.

2 Likes

Forum kindly sponsored by