My Desktop is showing all the files and directories from /home

My sister deleted Desktop Directory by mistake and after that My Desktop is showing all the folders and files from Home. Even after the restoration of the Desktop from Trash, the problem is not fixed. There is no hard or symlink between Desktop and Home.

Do you have your desktop set to 'folder' view and what path is selected?

(even if the settings appear fine .. try changing and resetting them)

2 Likes

Alternatively, change it from Folder View to Desktop View and then you won't have to worry about anything showing up on your desktop.

1 Like

Truly the best way. I find it also forces people to be more organized than they otherwise would be.

2 Likes

Exactly. It isn't like you can't choose to not put stuff on your desktop when it is enabled. It just avoids the temptations of laziness

2 Likes

There is also a part of me that believes turning desktop 'off' saves some amount of overhead. But that might just be an old and dated concept (or now too minuscule to notice). Dont know - havent investigated any time recently .. but its a belief that sticks.

1 Like

Thank you. It solved my problems. I thought this to be a complex thing to solve and bug in the file system.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by