What I want:
Free Windows alternative.
Must be easy to use.
Easily accessible functions and settings.
Shouldn't waste too much of my time.
Should be able to do all the tasks that I could do in windows.
I've been a windows user all my life.
Can't really afford windows yet.
But I don't like pirating anymore for personal reasons.
So I jumped to Ubuntu.
I Learned a lot about Linux.
Found out that Linux is faster than windows.
One day I saw Mint. Looked cool to me.
So, I jumped to Mint.
I kinda became expert on Linux Mint.
I was having some issues in Mint.
So, I wondered if other Linux distro is better.
Tried to install MX linux on my external hard drive. It failed to install so I deleted MX without a second thought, because Mint used to install smoothly every time.
I installed Manjaro 20 Xfce after seeing a lot of praise on the internet.
What I liked
- Manjaro installed and started smoothly.
- I liked Manjaro xfce desktop.
- Everything functions fine right from the start.
What I didn't like
- Default Manjaro file manager wasn't as good as default manager in Mint or Windows 10(latest)
- I use Socks 4 proxy,
Mint Cinnamon and Windows has easy socks proxy enabling option in the network settings.
Which I couldn't find in Manjaro. And no, I don't want to waste my time in manjaro terminal for changing socks proxy after using so easy option in Mint and Windows.
- Manjaro Desktop panel customization options are more complex than Mint. Maybe it's more customizable but Felt like a mess to me. It Felt like a turn based strategy game type UI.
- I used Teamviewer in Windows. And I was surprised that it also worked fine on Mint just by two click install. But getting Teamviewer and making it work isn't that easy on Manjaro.
I am leaving this feedback so that someone sees it. Maybe someday someone will fix these minor issues. Maybe someday I'll try a new version of Manjaro and be satisfied with it.
Next I'll try Pop OS (hearing a lot of praise about it too).
If I don't like Pop then I'll stick with Mint.