I have an issue with the QCA6174, and I think it may help advance the general knowledge on this. I recognize that there are a number of prior, semi-resolved threads on this specific network card. But hear me out.
I recently switched up and updated my three primary routers, all of which run either Tomato or DD-WRT. This led to some confusion because the result was that my Lenovo's wifi would intermittently drop the internet connection -- not the wireless connection, just the internet. For example, when pinging 188.8.131.52 for 500 times, I would lose 64% of the packets. I thought it was the routers until I tried another computer. It was the Lenovo. All other computers on the wifi network -- including one running Manjaro, but with a different Atheros card -- had no issue with the routers' wifi. So, multiple other computers with other network cards running Fedora, Ubuntu, and GalliumOS, all had no issues at all. Nor did and Android phone and an iOS phone.
That leaves the Lenovo, which luckily has multiple distros on it, including Manjaro and Fedora (both fully current). When running Manjaro -- my much preferred distro -- the wifi drops when connected to my router's main network. When running Fedora on the same Lenovo, the wifi works perfectly.
Interestingly, I recently learned that when running Manjaro on the Lenovo, it has no issues with my guest network on the same router (same 2.4Ghz N with same WPA2 AES as the main network). Also, the Manjaro Lenovo has no issues when connected to my Android hotspot.
I have tried the following from other forums/research:
- turned off TLP
- deleted current wifi setup in GNOME network manager
- turned off IPv6 via grub
- added grub entry
pcie_aspm=offas suggested here
- tried a new kernel
- masked bluetooth
- ensured wireless domain is US
- changed powersave via /
- updated the firmware as per this thread
- tried both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz
I will post the output of various troubleshooting commands in the next post.