Network Manager sleeps at suspend

Hi. My laptop's NetworkManager sleeps/restarts every suspend or when I am on lockscreen. How do I ignore NetworkManager's sleep?

I think you need to be more specific in what you hope to achieve. Is this a wifi issue (is it a USB dongle), or Ethernet.

Suspend issues can usually be corrected by writing a systemd suspend service. It could also be related to your power saving settings. To give advice we first need to know if you are using an network adapter over the USB bus.

Please provide your system specifications as detailed here:

Firstly, thank you for your answer. I’ve just realized that I haven’t given any description. My apologies.

It’s about my integrated wifi card (mini-pcie). I am on latest 5.6 kernel.

I checked powertop settings but nothing was looking unusual. So, my problem is going on.
(Now, I am far from my laptop that’s because why I can’t give specified information about my system.

How long have you had Manjaro installed, and has this been an issue since installation?

Which other kernels have you tested?

Oftentimes suspend issues are kernel or bios related, so be sure to test at least 3 alternate kernels and be sure your bios is up to date.

Actually, it was a fresh install from a few days ago. However, I had same issue on my old install. I guess I tried 5.6, 5.7rc and 5.7(unstable) but there was no difference.

Curiously, after installs I enable and start NetworkManager manually on my first log in. I don’t know if it is a issue or not, but every manjaro-architect install needed it.

Yes, there was a bug in the Architect installer that was not enabling NM by default. I thought that had been corrected, but perhaps not?

How old is your hardware?

Is your bios up to date?

Which DE do you use?

My hardware is up to date. Ryzen5 3500U, RX540X.

My BIOS is also on latest version.

I am on Gnome.

Can you please provide the output of:

inxi -Fxxxza

I would suggest testing kernels 4.19 and 5.4 as you have not tested them as yet.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by