New to the forums and have a question

---Hello everyone. I am new to the these forums and linux in general. I have used so many distros and I have finally settled on Manjaro KDE Plasma. I have been enjoying it a lot and I have only one issue with it. I am not sure if this post is in the right place, and I apologize if it was not.
The settings literally crash every second time I click on any part of it. On other distros, it would give me an option to report a bug, but I don't see that in manjaro. I have searched for at least two hours for the solution, but I have found nothing. I have found a troublshooting command that I have used and it gave me something in terminal that I am hoping someone could read and see if they could possibly help.
The command issystemsettings5
and it gives me this after clicking on a couple of things:

Invalid Context= "Legacy" line for icon theme:  "/usr/share/icons/Adwaita/8x8/legacy/"
Invalid Context= "Legacy" line for icon theme:  "/usr/share/icons/Adwaita/16x16/legacy/"
Invalid Context= "UI" line for icon theme:  "/usr/share/icons/Adwaita/16x16/ui/"
Invalid Context= "Legacy" line for icon theme:  "/usr/share/icons/Adwaita/22x22/legacy/"
Invalid Context= "Legacy" line for icon theme:  "/usr/share/icons/Adwaita/24x24/legacy/"
Invalid Context= "UI" line for icon theme:  "/usr/share/icons/Adwaita/24x24/ui/"
Invalid Context= "Legacy" line for icon theme:  "/usr/share/icons/Adwaita/32x32/legacy/"
Invalid Context= "UI" line for icon theme:  "/usr/share/icons/Adwaita/32x32/ui/"
Invalid Context= "Legacy" line for icon theme:  "/usr/share/icons/Adwaita/48x48/legacy/"
Invalid Context= "UI" line for icon theme:  "/usr/share/icons/Adwaita/48x48/ui/"
Invalid Context= "Legacy" line for icon theme:  "/usr/share/icons/Adwaita/256x256/legacy/"
Invalid Context= "Legacy" line for icon theme:  "/usr/share/icons/Adwaita/512x512/legacy/"
Invalid Context= "Legacy" line for icon theme:  "/usr/share/icons/Adwaita/scalable/legacy/"
Invalid Context= "UI" line for icon theme:  "/usr/share/icons/Adwaita/scalable/ui/"
Invalid Context= "Legacy" line for icon theme:  "/usr/share/icons/Adwaita/8x8/legacy/"
Invalid Context= "Legacy" line for icon theme:  "/usr/share/icons/Adwaita/16x16/legacy/"
Invalid Context= "UI" line for icon theme:  "/usr/share/icons/Adwaita/16x16/ui/"
Invalid Context= "Legacy" line for icon theme:  "/usr/share/icons/Adwaita/22x22/legacy/"
Invalid Context= "Legacy" line for icon theme:  "/usr/share/icons/Adwaita/24x24/legacy/"
Invalid Context= "UI" line for icon theme:  "/usr/share/icons/Adwaita/24x24/ui/"
Invalid Context= "Legacy" line for icon theme:  "/usr/share/icons/Adwaita/32x32/legacy/"
Invalid Context= "UI" line for icon theme:  "/usr/share/icons/Adwaita/32x32/ui/"
Invalid Context= "Legacy" line for icon theme:  "/usr/share/icons/Adwaita/48x48/legacy/"
Invalid Context= "UI" line for icon theme:  "/usr/share/icons/Adwaita/48x48/ui/"
Invalid Context= "Legacy" line for icon theme:  "/usr/share/icons/Adwaita/256x256/legacy/"
Invalid Context= "Legacy" line for icon theme:  "/usr/share/icons/Adwaita/512x512/legacy/"
Invalid Context= "Legacy" line for icon theme:  "/usr/share/icons/Adwaita/scalable/legacy/"
Invalid Context= "UI" line for icon theme:  "/usr/share/icons/Adwaita/scalable/ui/"
org.kde.kcoreaddons: Error loading plugin "kcm_kwindecoration" "The shared library was not found." 
Plugin search paths are ("/usr/lib/qt/plugins", "/usr/bin") 
The environment variable QT_PLUGIN_PATH might be not correctly set
Module 'org.kde.kwin.decoration' does not contain a module identifier directive - it cannot be protected from external registrations.
org.kde.kcoreaddons: Error loading plugin "kcm_desktoptheme" "The shared library was not found." 
Plugin search paths are ("/usr/lib/qt/plugins", "/usr/bin") 
The environment variable QT_PLUGIN_PATH might be not correctly set
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Again, I apologize if I have posted in the wrong place or something that has already been answered and I failed to find.
Thanks in advance.

Here's the info you should also include Provide details when seeking assistance
p.s. Have you tried runnig the system on another kernel? (LTS)

Welcome to the forum. :wink:

Now, addressing your problem, yes, there is an issue with the KDE System Settings in Plasma 5.17.x. It was introduced in 5.17.2 and it has still not been fixed by 5.17.3. I believe that KDE themselves are aware of the problem, because there does appear to be a bug report for it already at kde.org.

I guess we'll just have to wait. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

That was literally my very first post in the forums, so, I apologize for making it a messy post. lol
I am going to try 4.19 LTS and see how it behaves. thanks

2 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:
I thought it was an issue with plasma 5.17.x. But it is weird that this issue is non existent in kde neon WITH 5.17.3. I will wait. it isn't a huge deal. I will try the LTS kernel like the previous gentleman suggested and see

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by