I just installed Manjaro after Debian did a number on me, because everyone says Manjaro is awesome.
I have a tendency to give up easily, and Manjaro is testing it right out of the box.
- Luks decrypt takes a LONG time. I have a brand new XPS 13 with a fast NVMe drive and an i7-10710U. It takes ~10 seconds after I type in the password before the drives are unlocked. Took under 1 second in debian with LUKS so I assume something is awry.
- Luks decrypt doesn't respect keymap. I've set lang=nb_NO in grub.cfg, and vconsole.conf says KEYMAP=no. Also updated grub manually and updated the kernel, no such luck
- Downloading packages stopped several times, had to kill the process and delete the pacman db lock to finally download everything
- Trying to install updates I get "Failed to commit transaction, invalid or corrupted package:" with no packages listed. Haven't added any repositories
- Tearing with Intel integrated graphics. The entire screen goes fully LCD trip on me, and a couple of times it doesn't return to normal. Happens after every boot, but usually it normalizes after a few seconds
Sooo..... could somebody have pity on me and just help me "fix everything" before I spiral into my usual hissyfit and start installing openSuse and realize that it's even worse?