Nitrogen - BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter)

On a slimmed down installation I have installed Nitrogen.

I can launch it and it lists the backgrounds just fine. When I select an image and click apply I get this

select_2017-09-17-134827_636x152

So I reckon I am missing something.

So searching - the only answer I find is useless

rm -r ~/.config/nitrogen

Searching the packages on similar working systems gives me no clue to what I am missing.

Hm. No issue here. Are you using two screens?

Yes I am

Your question begged me to

• Disable one output.
  • Set for active output
  • Enable second output

And then I get no error

Edit
Improvement has been made as it seems the activation of two monitors using below command makes nitrogen trigger the error.

xrandr --output VIRTUAL1 --off --output DP2 --off --output DP1 --off --output HDMI2 --mode 1920x1080 --pos 1920x0 --rotate normal --output HDMI1 --primary --mode 1920x1080 --pos 0x0 --rotate normal --output VGA1 --off

Removing the command from openbox autostart removes the error and makes nitrogen work as expected. Instead of using xrandr to set the xinerama I use xfce4-settings and then nitrogen generates no errors and it is possible to set different wallpapers for each output.

Interesting. Seems to be a bug of nitrogen - I see you have opened a bugreport there, seems the right move :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by