No Bluetooth Found - plug in a dongle to use bluetooth

Hello
I'm new to the Linux world. I cannot use Bluetooth.
whenever I open the Bluetooth settings it says: No Bluetooth Found - plug in a dongle to use Bluetooth.
I installed blueberry and Blueman however, it is not working.

1 Like

Have you enabled and started the bluetooth service in Systemd?

yep and nothing work.

Dump yer inxi output... you'll need to search how...and post it, along with your bluetooth hardware info.

I'm on an unfamiliar device ATM. Someone else may want to step in here. Paging @dalto

My inxi output:

CPU: Quad Core Intel Core i7-8565U (-MT MCP-) 
speed/min/max: 700/400/4600 MHz Kernel: 5.6.16-1-MANJARO x86_64 Up: 2h 34m 
Mem: 3810.4/7849.1 MiB (48.5%) Storage: 931.51 GiB (57.2% used) Procs: 318 
Shell: zsh 5.8 inxi: 3.0.37 

Bluetooth hardware info:

~ >>> hwinfo --netcard --wlan --bluetooth | grep -Ei "model\:|driver\:|status\:|cmd\:|file\:|detected\:" | grep -v "Config Status"                   

Model: "Hewlett-Packard Company Realtek RTL8822BE 802.11ac 2 × 2 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.2 Combo Adapter (MU-MIMO supported)"
  Driver: "rtw_pci"
  Device File: wlo1
  Link detected: no
    Driver Status: rtwpci is active
    Driver Activation Cmd: "modprobe rtwpci"
  Model: "Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller"
  Driver: "r8169"
  Device File: eno1
  Link detected: yes
    Driver Status: r8169 is active
    Driver Activation Cmd: "modprobe r8169"
~ >>> 

thanks in advance man.

having the same issue! bluetooth was working fine until I rebooted last time.
when I run bluetooth status, I get vendor as dead!

sudo systemctl status bluetooth
● bluetooth.service - Bluetooth service
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/bluetooth.service; enabled; vendor>
Active: inactive (dead)

As always, please try at least one other kernel as well as the LTS kernel. Sometimes that can make a difference. I've lost things like Bluetooth or audio when updating to newer kernels.

If you're new, usually you end up installing the newest kernel only initially. You will have a program called kernel you can add them in.

I personally did not have very good luck with the 5.6.X kernel you're currently using. 5.4 with perfect for me.

3 Likes

Ditto. I'm on mainline and I noticed the lack of eMMc card recognition on my machine yesterday with 5.6--and it's a modern machine. The LTS worked as intended.

And 5.6 is dead or EOL - has been for some time.

Please up to 5.7

1 Like

The same happened to me

~ >>> sudo systemctl status bluetooth                                          
[sudo] password for hossamh: 
● bluetooth.service - Bluetooth service
     Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/bluetooth.service; enabled; vendor>
     Active: inactive (dead)
       Docs: man:bluetoothd(8)

Jul 24 19:56:31 error-404 systemd[1]: Condition check resulted in Bluetooth ser>
Jul 24 19:57:07 error-404 systemd[1]: Condition check resulted in Bluetooth ser>
Jul 24 19:58:05 error-404 systemd[1]: Condition check resulted in Bluetooth ser>
Jul 24 19:58:51 error-404 systemd[1]: Condition check resulted in Bluetooth ser>
Jul 24 20:00:52 error-404 systemd[1]: Condition check resulted in Bluetooth ser>
lines 1-10/10 (END)

Regarding my case, should I move to 5.7 or 5.4 kernel?

Ideally both. It's not required but generally good practice to have both the latest and LTS kernel available for reasons just like this. Unless you have very new hardware, I usually recommend the LTS for daily driver for most people.

1 Like

it still not working

In which kernel, or both? Could you again post the full inxi -Fxxxza --no-host again

Also, it shows that bluetooth.service is loaded, but not active. Did you try and start bluetooth.service again?

1 Like

Have you been over the guide on Arch Wiki?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by