NO responding to "Wired connection"

Desktop:

gnome-shell --version
GNOME Shell 3.30.1

SystemInfo:

uname -a
Linux eric-manjaro 4.19.0-3-MANJARO #1 SMP PREEMPT Sat Oct 27 22:40:22 UTC 2018 x86_64 GNU/Linux

2018-10-30%2003-06-05%201111111
The black line means "Wired Connection"。(My sys language is zh_CN, 中文)
everytime I click the right up of my desktop screen,it shows the view like up. A few days ago, When I click the black line area it will open network manager GUI, where can configure the route/ipv4/ipv6 etc . But recently when I click the "Wired Connection",nothing...

I don't know why it doesn't work. Who can help me ? Looks like I have broken somthing or set something wrong.Any body's favour will be much greetful.

Can you access those settings from the Settings icon?
or trough the Settings shortcut from the Menu ?

I cann't. I just find that I do't have the "Setting" button. The button you marked is missing....
2018-10-30%2003-06-05%20%E7%9A%84%E5%B1%8F%E5%B9%95%E6%88%AA%E5%9B%BE

Can you try a different theme for the Shell ?
Does the Settings open normally from the Menu/Search ?

Looks like I lost the setting button.Both right up and in the Menu.
2018-10-30%2004-43-38%20%E7%9A%84%E5%B1%8F%E5%B9%95%E6%88%AA%E5%9B%BE

In the very begining after installed Manjaro, the setting button is showing both on the Menu View and StatusBar Order View.

Do you know how to recover it ? Switch to another theme doesn't work...:sob:

From terminal
sudo pacman -S gnome-settings-daemon
should reinstall it

1 Like

I have done as your advice .

But the setting button doesn't show up...it's werid:rofl:

Probably you have to install/reinstall also
sudo pacman -S gnome-control-center

if is installed it should launch from terminal with:
gnome-control-center

2 Likes

Wow !

That works! After I install the gnome-control-center and reboot.The setting button show up!
Look like exactly the same as the begining.

Greatfully thank you !:blush:

Hey Eric. Just FYI it's considered pretty tacky on the forum to give yourself credit for a solve when clearly someone else was responsible for coming up with the solution. I know you haven't been a member long so perhaps you're not clear on the procedure.

When someone else gives you instructions on how to fix a problem, just because you actually entered the commands they gave you in the terminal in no way means you found the solution. Giving yourself the credit is very poor form.

I took the solve off your post, and gave the credit to @bogdancovaciu who fully deserves the credit for another great solve.

2 Likes

Thanks @tbg
I honestly don't mind if someone quotes me and places the solved to that comment ... Glad it worked for him to have the system functional. :slight_smile:
Cheers!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by