no sound on fresh Manjaro Macbook

Hey all, I recently installed Manjaro XCFE 20.0 onto my MacBook Pro 2017 13' via a USB stick. This is my very first time installing Linux and I somehow managed to get it working but there is no sound. When I enter the audio mixer in pavucontrol I see a sound output (i.e. changing decibel values) but I hear nothing coming out the speakers, whether it be YouTube, Spotify, or Steam.

Some help would be great. I'm super green to this whole thing so I apologize if I am leaving out the obvious. Please tell me what I need to include and I will happy to post it in response. Thanks in advance!

Here is my inxi-A output.

Audio:
Device-1: Intel Sunrise Point-LP HD Audio driver: snd_hda_intel
Device-2: Broadcom and subsidiaries 720p FaceTime HD Camera
driver: bdc-pci
Sound Server: ALSA v: k5.6.8-1-MANJARO

When you open PAVU and go to the 'Configuration' tab, what profile is selected and which one are available. A screenshot would be appreciated.
You can also look under the Output tab and look whether it is muted. Maybe you have a key on your keyboard to unmute your speakers?

Hello! I currently have "analog stereo duplex" selected. Here are screenshots of my output tab, and my selected and possible options for the configuration tab. I have a button that can mute sound, but despite clicking it on and off again I still can't get the speakers to output. My output is not showing anything muted "volume 100%, not silent". I can only upload one pic per post due ot my new status, so I will post the others ((upload://6prDWMmQTcWZraqhkAQjDIKf9HE.png) possiblepavuconfig

outputdevices

appliedpavuconfig

You may want to take a look at this thread and its mentioned threads:

Darn, I was afraid of this. I even tried the sound on Lubuntu, Deepin, and version 19 of Manjaro but to no avail. I read on your attached link that Ubuntu MATE has some kind of mentioned compatibility with x64 macs, so I'll give that a try. Thanks for your help!

It's not about "x64" macs, it's about new macs.
And if you had actually checked the thread above, you'd have seen I linked where people have actually been fixing them.
Nothing is gonna work without this

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by