not booting after updated the nvidia driver from [video-hybrid-intel-nvidia-418xx-bumblebee] to [video-hybrid-intel-nvidia-430xx-bumblebee]

so after downloading steam and trying to run monster hunter world, i notice the game was not running.

the first thing that came to my mind was to update the graphic driver, so after updating it to video-hybrid-intel-nvidia-430xx-bumblebee and restarting my laptop, i noticed the system was stuck booting.

so i used my bootable USB to chroot into my manjaro and revert the nvdia driver back to video-hybrid-intel-nvidia-418xx-bumblebee, when i restarted the problem was still there.

so i thought maybe i need to update the kernal as well, so i updated to linux56, but once i did and restarted grub was now not working.

i am now stuck with no idea how to get out of the mess i made, any push in the right direction is appretiated

1 Like

Bumblebee is being phased out. Try Prime instead:

2 Likes

Uninstall video-hybrid-intel-nvidia-430xx-bumblebee and install video-hybrid-intel-nvidia-440xx-prime and then follow the guide (then you can skip disabling bumblebee part).

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by