Nvidia GPU not recognised? (tensorflow & wine)

Hello guys, I recently installed python3.6 to work with TensorFlow, but when I run import tensorflow I get the following warning:

2020-02-01 12:13:47.478902: W tensorflow/stream_executor/platform/default/dso_loader.cc:55] Could not load dynamic library 'libnvinfer.so.6'; dlerror: libnvinfer.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
2020-02-01 12:13:47.479033: W tensorflow/stream_executor/platform/default/dso_loader.cc:55] Could not load dynamic library 'libnvinfer_plugin.so.6'; dlerror: libnvinfer_plugin.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
2020-02-01 12:13:47.479051: W tensorflow/compiler/tf2tensorrt/utils/py_utils.cc:30] Cannot dlopen some TensorRT libraries. If you would like to use Nvidia GPU with TensorRT, please make sure the missing libraries mentioned above are installed properly.

In the page concerning the installation of TensorRT they specify the command sudo apt-get libnvinfer-dev I tried this with pacman & yay but no go.
Also, when I run a game through wine -not sure this is relevant to the above issue tho- it only recognise the Intel gpu but not the Nvidia, altho I am sure I installed Nvidia & Cuda as system utilities recognise their existence, so if anyone can help, would be much appreciated!

no one can help or no one read it? I still can't solve this on my own...

You have three completely distinct issues here.

1. [quote="amgawish, post:1, topic:122121"]
    In the page concerning the installation of TensorRT they specify the command sudo apt-get libnvinfer-dev I tried this with pacman & yay but no go.
    [/quote]

Heh? This isn't Debian so instead apt we use pacman, but how did you use pacman and yay? Please, give us example because at the moment we have no idea what are you talking about so no help is possible.

To install tenserflow you just either use pamac (graphical package manager) or in terminal:

sudo pacman -S tenserflow

The same for other related packages from Manjaro repo. I have no idea what this is for but you are clearly missing some package so the fix should be fairly simple once you identify the packages and you install them properly.

1. If you have hybrid GPUs, you must learn how this works in Linux.

There are few solutions here:

• PRIME offloading (uses Intel but you can start an app with Nvidia via a proper command, this has a con, because Nvidia is constantly on and uses up energy, a bit less than full Nvidia but still way more than Intel alone)
  • Optimus-manager (gives option to switch between 3 modes, Intel, Nvidia and Hybrid aka Prime Offloading), see:
    Guide: Install and configure optimus-manager for hybrid GPU setups (Intel/NVIDIA)
  • Optimus Switch (switches between Intel and Nvidia mode but require system reboot to do so).
  1. How do you run game through wine? Nowadays using wine alone for games is pointless. Either use Steam's Proton or Lutris. If you use properly one of the setups mentioned above, you will be able to run games with Proton via Steam or Lutris. Proton contains Wine but also DXVK and other game focused optimizations.
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by