Nvidia GTX1050 Ti driver problem

If you are running Manjaro, then yes, remove the Arch kernels (both of them), check your /etc/pacman.conf for Arch repository entries and remove them, then reinstall the Manjaro kernels, e.g.

sudo pacman -Rncs linux linux-lts
sudo mhwd-kernel -i linux414 linux416

if you never installed kernels manually with yaourt or installed an AUR package that were asking a specific kernel only available on AUR, it's not possible and @jonathon suggestion about ARCH repository is more probable. or a 3rd party repository

I think this is irreversible :slight_smile:
after
sudo mhwd-kernel -i linux414
20180425_174125(0)~01

I... don't know what's happened there... :expressionless:

You might be able to recover it from within a chroot.

In GRUB menu go into Advanced options and select a specific NOT-ARCH kernel to boot into, alternatively use 4.14-fallback option.

I am able to run nvidia at the end of the day.
I am writing step by step everything if anyone else looking for same problem.
1- I formatted again (with rufus etc..)
2-I have booted manjaro, login screen show up kinda late.
3-Then when I lock screen, I couldnt unlock, had to reboot again.
4-So I auto install propriatery drivers from Settings-> Manjaro Settings Manager-> Hardware Config.
5-Then I added my username to bumblebee group.( sudo gpasswd -a YourUsername bumblebee)
6-Then I enable bumblebee service via sudo systemctl enable bumblebeed
7-Then I reboot again.
8- Finally, I run the command optirun nvidia-settings -c :8
DeepinScreenshot_select-area_20180426030751

9- As a last step, I add nv black to default grub,
sudo vi /etc/default/grub

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet"
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="nouveau.modeset=0 nv.modeset=0 modprobe.blacklist=nouveaufb"

sudo update-grub

2 Likes

There is only a single problem remaining
System does not boot if i open up windows first then restart to boot into manjaro
I have to shutdown and start again to boot into it.
last logs of journalctl

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Bumblebee#Failed_to_initialize_the_NVIDIA_GPU_at_PCI:1:0:0_.28GPU_fallen_off_the_bus_.2F_RmInitAdapter_failed.21.29

1 Like

thanks a lot !

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by