NVIDIA Problem

Hi everyone, Im new to manjaro, Just want to ask for some assistance,
I want to install bumblebee and Im currently using this guide https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php?title=Configure_NVIDIA_(non-free)_settings_and_load_them_on_Startup
and I get this error after running sudo nvidia-settings command. Just want to ask if what this is about anf if this is a problem how do i fix this.

[admingodchryz@manjaro ~]$ sudo nvidia-settings

(nvidia-settings:6134): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: 19:45:05.096: g_object_unref: assertion 'G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

ERROR: nvidia-settings could not find the registry key file. This file should have been installed along with this driver at
/usr/share/nvidia/nvidia-application-profiles-key-documentation. The application profiles will continue to work, but values
cannot be prepopulated or validated, and will not be listed in the help text. Please see the README for possible values and
descriptions.

Heres some info that might help
[admingodchryz@manjaro ~]$ inxi -G
Graphics: Device-1: Intel HD Graphics 620 driver: i915 v: kernel
Device-2: NVIDIA GM108M [GeForce 930MX] driver: nvidia v: 440.100
Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.8 driver: modesetting,nvidia resolution: 1366x768~60Hz
OpenGL: renderer: Mesa Intel HD Graphics 620 (KBL GT2) v: 4.6 Mesa 20.1.3

Hello @adminGodChryz,

Go to manjaro settings remove all the nvidia-drivers and install the 440-driver-bumblebee.

Then enable the bumblebee service.
sudo systemctl enable bumblebeed.service
Add your username to the group
sudo gpasswd -a user bumblebee (user= your username)

And if you want to run nvidia-settings then you will use optirun
optirun -b none nvidia-settings -c :8

thankyou so much, seams like prime dont works for a novice like me,
Thank you again!

1 Like

Let me know if after that running with nvidia-card work?

i have reinstalled manjaro and used the nvidia as primary gpu (disabling intel tutorial by @jonathon) and it works fine, sorry its just makes easy for me instead of switching again and again. But thank you, your advice works!

ill try this one, thank you very much, this forum is so friendly, im falling in love to manjaro

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by