On occasion the mouse pointer turns into a column of pointers

Completely random but my mouse pointer will turn into about a dozen pointers all in a column. Right now it's about 10 of these: ] one on top of the other. Sometimes it's a different symbol or character.

So far, the only solution I've found is to restart. Sometimes it will revert back to a pointer, sometimes it's permanent until there is a reboot.

I've tried going into the settings and seeing if changed the mouse to a different theme and it does nothing.

Thanks in advance.

3 Likes

Instead of being arrogant why don't you actually read my post?

The issue is a VISUAL one. There is no code to paste. There's no log to paste. If I wanted "RTFM" or its variants I would have aske don the pompous, unhelpful, rude Arch forums.

Thanks but no thanks for your rabbit with a pancake on its head.

Don't you think posting your hardware will increase the likelihood of someone being able to help with the problem?

4 Likes

I did read your post. But you are the one being both unintelligible and arrogant.

Manjaro comes in many different flavors...

• KDE Plasma
  • GNOME
  • Xfce
  • LXDE
  • LXQt
  • Cinnamon
  • MATE
  • Budgie
  • Deepin
  • i3
  • bspwm

A couple of those environments are based upon the Qt widget toolkit, a larger number of them is built upon the GTK toolkit, and then there are yet a couple of others who are built upon something else altogether. In other words, there's a huge difference in what provides for the mouse cursors seen on the screen.

In other words, you are relying on our crystal ball in order to be able to ascertain whether you are using Intel graphics, nVidia graphics, AMD graphics, or any combination of the afore?

Perhaps you should have put a little more energy into thinking, and a little less in trying to insult people.

As far as I'm concerned, you're on your own now ─ I'm leaving this thread. Good luck in getting your issue resolved, because I doubt whether anyone else here would be forthcoming, with that attitude of yours.

3 Likes

At least what DE are you using.

waste of time

Forum kindly sponsored by