PacBang suddenly appeared, and I can't login

I've been using Openbox Manjaro for at least a month, and after I restarted today, I was greeted by a PacBang login screen, and my credentials weren't accepted and I couldn't login.

I see that PacBang is an Openbox variant of Manjaro, but it is not what I installed initially and I haven't (knowingly) moved to it. If this is just part of a rolling release, why can I not log in?

I am unsure how to proceed. I can't seem to access a command line or anything.

The current Manjaro Openbox uses a lxdm greeter with a PacBang logo. The next release will use the correct Manjaro Logo - so you have not installed PacBang - the current greeter is an error on my side.

1. Which ISO did you install from?

2. Which branch are you using?

pacman-mirrors --status

3. I don't know what happened but passwords and usernames do not change overnight and the system do not change by itself.

So either you are mistyping username/password or you have made changes like overwriting your shadow file with shadow.pacnew.

1 Like

I used the v19 Openbox community version.

I got to a terminal (Ctrl alt F6), where I could log in with my normal into, and, after trying startx a couple times, it finally loaded Openbox (like it was prior).

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by