Package request: Synology ssl vpn client

Hello all,

I would like to ask for the Synology ssl vpn client to be added. The Synology website has an Ubuntu .deb, but that does not work for Manjaro.

My router is the Synology RT 2600ac

Thank you for all the great work that goes into Manjaro, I currently have 3 computers running it!

Gary

just search a little more...

yay synology 
13 aur/synodl 0.2.0-1 (+0 0.00%) 
    Command-line client for Synology's DownloadStation
12 aur/cloudstation-3.0 3111-1 (+0 0.00%) 
    Synology Cloud Station. This version is for DSM versions that only works with CloudStation 3.0 (DSM 4.2 on a DS209 for example)
11 aur/nzb-monkey v0.2.6-1 (+1 0.00%) 
    A Reference implementation of how to handle a NZBLNK-URI, with support for SABnzbd, NZBGet and Synology Download Station
10 aur/synology-cloud-sync-decryption-tool 018-1 (+3 0.00%) (Orphaned) 
    A desktop tool to decrypt data encrypted by Cloud Sync
9 aur/synology-uploader-photos 5.0.4418-2 (+3 0.00%) 
    uploader photos for Photo Station on NAS synology
8 aur/synology-hyper-backup-explorer 2.2.2.0141-2 (+5 0.07%) 
    A desktop tool for browsing, decrypting, and extracting different versions of backup data in Hyper Backup repositories
7 aur/synology-note-station 2.1.6_272-1 (+9 0.49%) 
    Note Station for desktop connects you with Note Station on your Synology NAS. You can manage all the notes/to-do list offline, right from your local computer.
6 aur/synology-cloud-station-backup 4469-1 (+14 0.03%) 
    A backup service that allows you to back up your files from multiple client computers to a centralized Synology NAS
5 aur/synology-drive 2.0.2-11078 (+18 1.10%) 
    Drive for PC, the desktop utility of the DSM add-on package, Drive, allows you to sync and share files owned by you or shared by others between a centralized Synology NAS and multiple client computers.
4 aur/synology-assistant 6.2.24922-1 (+39 0.01%) 
    It helps you set up and install DSM on your DiskStation
3 aur/synology-cloud-station-drive 4.3.3.4469-1 (+60 1.18%) 
    An application which sync files between your computers and Synology NAS
2 community/synology-drive-client 2.0.2.11078-1 (104.8 MiB 138.2 MiB) 
    Synology Drive Client, the desktop utility of the DSM add-on package, Synology Drive Server, allows you to sync and share files owned by you or shared by others between a centralized Synology NAS and multiple client computers.
1 community/synology-assistant 6.2.24922-1 (6.6 MiB 20.3 MiB) 
    It helps you set up and install DSM on your DiskStation

Thank you for the reply.

I do not see a VPN client in there. I am trying to set up a VPN in my router.

They have a package for .deb, but dpkg -i errors out, probably for the best it did. There are numerous Synology packages in the repositories, just not this one. I was not sure if I should link to synology's download or not.

Well, write a PKGBUILD for it then. A .deb is just an archive. There are plenty of AUR packages that use them. Look for packages with the -bin extension. :wink:

1 Like

I will have to look into this.

Thank you for the advice.

Forum kindly sponsored by