[Package Request] vhba-module-dkms

Hello everyone,

I'd like to request the addition of the vhba-module-dkms package, which is already available in the Arch Linux community repository. Seeing how the static versions of the vhba-module are already in Manjaro's community repo (linux-latest-vhba-module & linux-lts-vhba-module respectively), I believe this package is a good contender for inclusion.

Thank you all for your consideration!

1 Like

You don't need the dkms package for Manjaro. We have pre-compiled vhba-module packages available for every kernel.

1 Like

That’s not really a reason to not have a dkms module.

Having a dkms module is a much better solution, less work for maintainers and makes the life of newbie kernel tweakers easier too.

Some modules, granted, a precompiled module is better, nvidia drivers or network drivers for example, so OOTB experience is better. As for everything else, dkms is all that’s really needed.

2 Likes

To add to that, there is actual benefit from the dkms version if one uses a custom kernel. Not that I belong to that group, but it's still a valid case.

More than anything, it's the convenience of installing the module only once and forgetting about its kernel specific versions.

1 Like

If the DKMS module is in Arch stable, it should work its way down to Manjaro Stable.

1 Like

Forum kindly sponsored by