Package updates

I recently install manjaro and tried to update the packages and I received this error message..Downloading requried keys… error: key “ec47c82a42053a2”could not be looked up remotely, error: required key missing from keyring failed to commit transactions: unexpected error. How do I fix this?

Please try this:

sudo pacman -S archlinux-keyring manjaro-keyring

2 Likes

And copy/paste into your personal cheat sheet solution @Photon posted. Sometimes happens that there is this 'key' error (sometimes after fresh install) but upper command always fixed it for me

1 Like

Actually, I am surprised that this still happens... I once triggered a discussion on this: https://classicarchived.forum.manjaro.org/index.php?topic=28113.0 and assumed that it has been fixed already, but seems like it is still not completely fixed...

1 Like

i also noticed that manjaro regularly has problems with key management.
this is the reason why i included a "fix errors" options into pacli. it fixes all problems regarding key management (and some others) i see regularly in the forums:

2 Likes

Thanks for your help I got that pacli loaded and it is really neat, I updated the system with it, but it didn"t help. I also tried the fix errors but I could not find a package named keyring. I found manjaro-keyring and that fixed it. It updated the system. THANKS:joy:

if you still remember more about what went wrong with pacli, please tell me in this topic:

then, i can try to fix it for all people who will have the same problem as yours in the future.

1 Like

PACLI worked fine on the fix, I tried finding to fix keyring. there is no just plain keyring. I found manjaro-keyring and that was the fix. when I fixed that and tried to update everything worked ok.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by