PAcman overwrite

Notebook crashed in the middle of an update. After rebooting with a USB key, and try to update again, pacman says everything worked fine, and the system don't need any updates, but I don't have access to the graphical environment, and when I try to update or install a new kernel, thereś a lot of errors with ldconfig of files empties.

Just to test, I uninstall gimp with pacman -Rs, but when I tried to install it again, it says thereś a lot of files already existing. I see there is an overwrite option, but it seems to use a glob, and seems a very "manual" way to solve the problem.

Is there a way to reinstall all the libraries that are empty or applications that have this "already exists" problem?

Thanks!

See here

Thanks, but didn't worked. It says that system is up to date, so nothing happens. IS there any way to see which ldconfig files are empty so going one by one trying to install it?

Look for .part files (partially downloaded packages) in /var/cache/pacman/pkg/ and remove them, then clean your package cache

sudo pacman -Scc

and try to update again

sudo pacman-mirrors -f && sudo pacman -Syyu

Thanks. I managed to update all the packages that have ldconfig problems, but still no graphic environment. I will open another topic to solve that issue.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by