I'd been distrohopping for a while then concluded on Manjaro and xfce. Then I saw a video about how debian base is great. For a moment I thought "Should I go for Xubuntu, or debian xfce?" than I remembered pamac.
I think it's the best GUI package manager among all distros. What do you think?
I prefer GUIs in my day to day usage of an OS. On Manjaro, I do everything about package management with Pamac. And I must say it is gorgeous.
- Very fast
- with AUR
- Nice selection of options (remove unrequired dependencies, etc.)
- Refresh Mirror List - Find best repository servers near to you
- Package grouping is neat.
** Categories - Internet, Education, Games, etc.
** Groups - Some grouping of specific packages like kodi-addons
** Repositories - core, extra, community, multilib
** Installed - Orphaned packages, explicitely installed packages, foreign (AUR) packages
- Opening/home page is quite on the spot (BTW, what is shown here? Can anyone enlighten? I think visible items are shown here, maybe items in whisker menu, I'm not sure.)
- View package change history as a text file
- Synaptic: Slow.
- Ubuntu software center is not a package manager. (But I like the integration of Ubuntu. You can right click on app in ubuntu menu and select details. It opens the app in software center so you can remove it. Much like in Android.)
- Yast is slow. (tried on live usb)
- Others - don't know
Bugs and solutions: