Parental Controls(malcontent) and Guest account setup.

I was wondering if Manjaro had any Parental Controls since I do have some friends who have childern or maybe someday I'll let a child use the internet on my system or laptop in the future...

Or for that matter if I allow a guest to use my laptop... Speaking of which, how do I setup a guest account?

Thanks in advance for any help I may get.

This should work for you since you are on XFCE

Probably this is relevant too

Then this is a must read for parental control part:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Parental_control

1 Like

Thank you so much!!! I don't know what I would do without you guys.

On another note, when I checked the User Accounts in the Manjaro Settings Manager, I have a User named "nobody". Why do I have this User, have I been hacked? Did I create a new user and forgotten that I did that?

You have not been hacked : nobody is one of the system users and groups. Leave it there.

1 Like

Thanks. Good thing I asked, I was really thinking deleting it... What would happen if I did?

No idea. Probably not much with that one ; I wouldn't risk it though. Messing with system users or groups is asking for problems.

1 Like

Well if it is supposed to be there... I'll leave it alone... Does anything actually need this user to be there?

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by