Patching mainline packages (in this case GCC)

I'm dealing with a GCC bug that has been patched (edit: I misread what needs to be patched) in other distros. I'll upstream the issue when I have something a bit more concrete, but for now I want to apply a patch and see if that's sufficient to fix my crash. I'm having difficulty sifting through guides because so much is Arch based and we don't have ABS. I think what I need right now is GCCs PKGBUILD for Manjaro so I can runmakepkg, apply my patch then create the Pacman file. However I can't find the Manjaro equivlent of the Arch PKGBUILD.

So I either need to figure out where this package file is located or understand how this is supposed to be done on Manjaro.

Edit: This always happens when I make a post... I think I found it at https://gitlab.manjaro.org/arch-packages/core/gcc/-/blob/packages/gcc/repos/core-x86_64/PKGBUILD. Prior to this I was going to the Manjaro specific repos I found on Google and didn't realize there was a level above. So my question is if I'm on the right track with this.

if no "manjaro" string in Maintainer field , its the original archlinux (with branches, not always same version) as this GCC

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by