Plasma is Great!

Actually the "standard" Icon Manager is the one where the apps move around. The icons only one has them fixed... You open an app and it stays exactly where its launcher icon was. Once you pin an app it will always stay there, full stop.

Well, duh ... but nobody [well, not my post, anyway] was talking about pinning. The non-icons TM lets me have a desktop-sequenced arrangement, & they stay put in the correct logical sequence till hell freezes over, until & unless i later close them, or move them to alternative desktops or activities [in which case they then correctly alter their position in the TM to suit their new physical location]. No pinning needed, or wanted. Semi-colonated exclamation mark.

Should we commence a pass-the-hat-around here in the forum to buy the flowers for your apparently imminent funerals? Would black dahlias be acceptable?

Do you feel the same way about this also when you're off the weed?

Well thank goodness, coz that's next door. This room's for Being Hit On The Head.

4 Likes

So you mean that sort by desktop thing? Cause that's not even default with the "normal" TM. And my point was that the Icons only Task Manager does not shift anything around, without needing to pin anything. And that it also does that when you have apps pinned, wich the "normal" TM does not.

You seem to be a little stuck on the notion that everyone that doesn't have your very specific preferences is dumb. That is insanely dumb.

I do so admire your nimble dexterity in waging an argument against what you imagine someone said, or that you wish they had said, rather than cogent reality. It is illuminating & entertaining.

2 Likes

Play nicely with your children Plasma, or they may rename it Play-Doh with no options at all! Or more simply every Application has an icon which presents how it appears on your desktop. You can make that appear anything you like. Homework. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Sure, why not. But don't order them just yet, i'm still kicking :smiley:
By the time i'll be gone, i would not know anything anyway, not even what KDE Plasma is :rofl:

Because i use the Panel like this, windows go bellow, and i have the tiling with krohnkite, the only good place then to see the window/tab name opened is still in TM

The top of the Monitor is he only place i like to have things crowded. ITM would not help me much. Once i have more that 4 applications opened in the same activity, then will go in another Virtual Desktop, using parachute and toggle parachute ... For me this remains somehow consistent visually and functionally.

2 Likes

I simply love seeing the myriad ways we each do our stuff. It's just ... Great.

5 Likes

We almost have unlimited possibilities :star_struck:

5 Likes

Not to mention rigidly defined areas of doubt & uncertainty.

:earth_africa: :mouse: :mouse: :desktop_computer: :sunflower: :whale:

Haha, amazingly fluky timing...

2020-06-18, 15-40-59

4 Likes

It was a preemptive comment from my part :stuck_out_tongue: based on Heisenberg's principle :rofl:

With both we can deal with: When in doubt, use KDE Plasma. When uncertain, use the git devel version.

5 Likes

Hey, someone pl-ease rescue that poor cat from that cramped little box. Hmmm, i wonder what is in this test-tube? Maybe it tastes nice...

5 Likes

Traffic policeman: "Are you aware how fast you were driving back there, sir?
Prof. Heisenberg: "No, but I know where I am."

4 Likes

Done :laughing:

6 Likes

Ooh you're such a bright flash.

:sunny:

2 Likes

You better hope you're not going to join the choir invisibule and that there is no hell, because I'm almost certain all the computers are running Gnome down there.

6 Likes

There is no patch for meltdown either :smiley:

6 Likes

Come on, that's a little naive! :laughing:

Of course Hell must be somewhat stable, but since main goal is eternal suffering...
Windows 10 it is :cold_face: :hot_face:

5 Likes

OK.. OK, I repent already. :pray:

7 Likes

Of course though, Strayan hell is up there.

4 Likes

The classic task manager also allows you to group windows together. :wink:

Only if you have them automatically sorted alphabetically. If you disable sorting or you select manual sorting, then they will stay put in the order that they were started in. :slight_smile:

Actually, that was not Heisenberg; that was Erwin Schrödinger. :slight_smile:

:cat2:

No, they're running Windows 95, and the keyboards are all missing the Ctrl, Alt and Del keys. :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Forum kindly sponsored by