Plasma is Great!

Oh wow, this is wonderful thank you! It installed fine in my Manjaro Stable Lappy & my Arch Tower. A minor quirk, which i guess probably comes from this not being a native Plasma app, but LXQt instead, was that it did not add a menu item. That of course was easily fixed by the usual simple expedient of creating a new app item therein, with its command being /usr/bin/lxqt-admin-user. It works a treat!

I've now re-removed that naughty gnomie thaing.

Oh, ha, i see that the launcher quirk was already mentioned.

2 Likes

I'm a bad person.

I read stuff like this

& just feel despicably smug.
:speak_no_evil:

You're terrible, Muriel!

5 Likes

Right, then i have to tatoo that on forehead too.
More because of a native install of KDE Plasma GIT version i have now, and because i said:

And here i'm giving icons-only task manager a try, and i'm still breathing ... No more latte dock either.

This community is such a bad influence! :stuck_out_tongue: :sweat_smile: :joy: :rofl: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

That's very funny. OK, then we're ALL bad.

2 Likes

I like that they don't say what distro they are using.

1 Like

Arch now has Plasma 5.19.2, so i imagine that MJ Testing will get it with its next update batch.

5 Likes

Anyone else using konsole's split views? I am using this more and more lately. It is really very convenient for my workflow. The ability to pop them open with a keystroke and move/resize them is pretty convenient.

10 Likes

Haven't used it yet until you mentioned it just now. It looks... interesting. :wink:

5 Likes

Those ancients :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, yes. Quite often now.

I recall reading about it, forgot not long after, but then i (re)discovered it by mistake. Yeah, quite handy in some situations.

5 Likes

That is exactly what happened to me. :smile:

I remember watching a cool video on it before it was released but then forgot about it.

4 Likes

[Off-topic question]

• How do you make those arrows? Is it a Gimp plugin? :thinking:

[/Off-topic question]

1 Like

With Kate. Even today i forget for 5 seconds about split view and those moments i struglle ... muahahaha

Flameshot has the ability to draw arrows, lines, text, blur area or marker over a screensot. I use it for quick things like that. With the mousewheel you can change the size of them too.

5 Likes

I use tmux, but if Konsole can replace it, that's only a plus. I'm on stable so I haven't had the chance to play with the new toys yet.

EDIT: Oh wait, that's an old feature, I had no idea existed :smiley:

3 Likes

Haha, btw if you have git Dolphin too, try right-clicking on any file pls. My 20.07.70 immediately crashes.

You build it yourself? I went with the unstable KDE Plasma Git minimal version this time. I want to experiment on native install, but not that much. So, on my end is still 20.04.2 but build against KDE Frameworks 5.72.0.
I think i have a VBox install that is so extreme as you mentioned. :smiley: Need to check.

2 Likes

Yeah I do it regularly with kdesrc-build in order to test all that awesome stuff Nate's writing about every weekend :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

You are more openminded than me :smiley:

4 Likes

I use Yakuake. So, don't actually use Konsole.

I wonder when Dolphin will give you the ability to redo things after accidentally undo-ing them.

Yakuake splits just as konsole. I love this feature. Much more handy than switching sessions back and forth.

Screenshot_20200624_085553

3 Likes

Forum kindly sponsored by