Plasma taskbar got frozen/inactive after resume (from suspend)

Plasma taskbar got frozen/inactive after resume (from suspend) spontaneously.
That was accompanied with a bubble from "KWin" (also unclickable):
(see how time differs)

freeze

Details:

[roman@roman-pc test_files]$ uname -a
Linux roman-pc 5.3.7-2-MANJARO #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Oct 22 18:56:05 UTC 2019 x86_64 GNU/Linux
[roman@roman-pc test_files]$ lsb_release -a
LSB Version:    n/a
Distributor ID: ManjaroLinux
Description:    Manjaro Linux
Release:        18.1.2
Codename:       Juhraya

Operating System: Manjaro Linux
KDE Plasma Version: 5.17.1
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.63.0
Qt Version: 5.13.1
Kernel Version: 5.3.7-2-MANJARO
OS Type: 64-bit
Processors: 12 × Intel® Core™ i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz
Memory: 15,5 GiB of RAM

The first thing I would do is test numerous different kernels to check for improvements.

You can also try disabling the KDE compositor before suspending. If that helps you can either leave the compositor disabled or try using a systemd service to stop and start the compositor pre and post suspend.

You could also try a service to restart plasma post suspend. I have written numerous services like this. Some people find this method an adequate temporary solution.

Information on how to write these services here:

Thanks.
(reboot turns to normal state, but that, of course, not a solution)
Before trying, which one of those approaches is technically more safe and robust ?

1. You can't be choosy if you don't know which approach will help your problem.
  2. Define safe and robust in the context of this problem
  1. you don't know "how" can I be
  2. has less chances for potential interference or "deterrence" to surrounding processes/environment/services

When testing suspend services safety is not a concern, after a restart your system is exactly as before and the service can then be disabled.

Only start up services are a safety concern as you would need to disable the service from any emergency prompt if your computer was rendered unbootable. No such concerns when testing suspend services.

Thanks, will try to catch the issue next time (as I mentioned it's gone after reboot)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by