Plymouth shows after login (why?)

PROBLEM
Plymouth works correctly, but it shows after I log into lightdm (so I have to push ctrl+alt+F7 to show the desktop again). Why do you think it loads after I login? It is a known issue? Thank you.

MORE INFO:
I followed the steps of the wiki to enable plymouth:

On /etc/:
HOOKS=(base udev plymouth ... plymouth-encrypt) # since i installed manjaro with full disk encryptation.

On /etc/default/grub:
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash cryptdevice=UUID=5155c252-cbb2-40f6-99cb-2390809ce5c3:luks-5155c252-cbb2-40f6-99cb-2390809ce5c3 root=/dev/mapper/luks-5155c252-cbb2-40f6-99cb-2390809ce5c3 apparmor=1 security=apparmor udev.log_priority=3

Then I regenerate instrams with:
sudo mkinitcpio -P && sudo grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg && sudo update-grub

When I reboot I see 'quiet' working, but 'splash' shows after I log into lightdm.

See the notice on the Stable update thread in Announcements section.

systemd 245.5 and old Plymouth

If you have an older Manjaro installation from 2017 or so, you might still have Plymouth installed. If you hadn't updated it from AUR, it is recommended to remove Plymouth before you attempt to update systemd. If for some reason you updated already and now have issues, login to a TTY and disable Plymouth:

Ctrl + Alt + F3 and login
sudo pacman -R plymouth
you may want to check if the wanted display manager still works and enable its service if needed.

Search the forum for additional Plymouth troubleshooting.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by