Puddletag is only available through AUR, however qt4 is now deprecated. Building requires GPG-key import, what do?

AUR prompt:

The PGP key CB9387521E1EE0127DA804843FDBB55084CC5D84 is needed to verify phonon-qt4 source files.
Trust Harald Sitter <sitter@kde.org> and import the PGP key ?

Maybe another music junkie like myself knows of an equally feature-rich alternative? :cowboy_hat_face:

there's a git package in the aur, looks like that's up to qt5

Fails to run according to its new maintainer. Remains broken as of 17 hours ago (Unusable for approx. 2 months).

That is what happens with AUR packages when they are signed. The keys for arch and manjaro packagers are pre-loaded into the keyring. For AUR packages, you have to decide if you want to add the key of the person who signed it.

Ah, ok! Makes sense.

Question unrelated to the subject, how'd you come across that profile pic? Something like that in burgundy or Manjaro-green would look nice.

If I am being honest, I don't remember where I found it.

From my own thread trying to get puddletag to run (finally succeeded a week ago):

https://archived.forum.manjaro.org/t/puddletag-no-longer-available-in-the-repositories/77515/11?u=nick_s

Moved from #general-discussion to #technical-issues-and-assistance:aur as this is a request for help with an AUR package, not a discussion item.

There's an AUR package for Mp3Tag that uses wine, it works for me.

1 Like

But that is still dependend on qt4 via python2-pyqt4. I already asked for a build with qt5 in the comment-section of this AUR-package. We may have to wait for an answer.

See also:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by