Python36 & PyCharm

Maybe should be this in OffTopic?

After I update latest stable, all looks OK and Python 3.6 is working if I run script from the terminal. But if I try to use PyCharm, I can't seems to choose 3.6 for interpreter:

Anyone happens to know how to solve this?

You may need to reinstall pycharm.

1 Like

I feel quite silly not coming up with this myself.
{Note to myself: don't upgrade the system when you are too busy!} :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Will re-install it later and see if this solves it, thank you!

Good luck. Let me know how it turns out.

I'm a PyCharm user and noticed the same issue.

Even though PyCharm showed 3.6.0 as an Invalid Interpreter, I selected it anyway. PyCharm proceeded to reindex my project for several minutes and then it successfully ran Python 3.6.0.

I also changed the Default Settings Project Interpreter to the Invalid 3.6.0, and it proceeded to work after re-indexing.

1 Like

Good to know, thank you. I haven't have chance to re-install yet so I may try this first. The reason I'm reluctant to re-install is, I finally figured it out (well I think) how to set up virtual environment and I have now saved it for 3.52 with all the libraries. (well I hope this also is the case)

So now I would like to set VE for 3.6 and that way I can switch between them as needed in case some library doesn't support 3.6 yet. If I reinstall PyCharm I' afraid I may lose virt. envir. 3.52

When I get some time, I will try your solution first. Ah with all my babbling I forgot I was going to ask you something:

Q: did you only (A) set 3.6 interpreter as default or you also (B) created virtual envir. for 3.6? I'm guessing you have to do A first before you could do B? probably

Q: did you only (A) set 3.6 interpreter as default or you also (B) created virtual envir. for 3.6? I'm guessing you have to do A first before you could do B? probably

Sorry, I haven't used python virtual environments much, so I can't answer your question. I've only re-configured my project interpreter and default interpreter; as I'm not using any special libraries that wouldn't work in the newer versions.

Haven't have much time last few days. When I finally started PyCharm again today, interpreter 3.6 was green. So my guess is, PyCharm was loading/installing some stuff in the background and all I needed was to wait a little bit.

Thanks for the update.

Forum kindly sponsored by