I'm really struggling in enabling Wake On Lan after shutdown on my PC which has a Realtek RTL8111 on board NIC.
I actually thought my issue was because of the kernel module, so I already posted in the Kernel forum section, but I'm actually lost now so I'd like to cover every possible step in order to find the cause.
So, sticking to the facts, here's the situation:
- When booting Windows I can successfully wake the PC from the shutdown state.
- When booting in Linux I can successfully wake the PC from the suspended state, but NOT from the shutdown state
- The kernel module loaded is r8168; r8169 got automatically blacklisted during setup
- I'm running Manjaro Cinnamon, so I have installed NetworkManager and I already set
802-3-ethernet.wake-on-lan: magic. AFAIK this means that I should not use
ethtoolthat is not even installed in my PC; I already tried it anyway to no avail
- I did my homework and read the wiki; however none of the suggestions about loading r8168 module with
s5wol=1is apparently doing anything. I'm saying this because in
I honestly don't know what else to try. My only feeling, coming from a newbie, is that I should enable that kernel module parameter, but I really cannot find a way to do that. Any hint would be greatly appreciated.