Regularly can't load forum

The site at https://archived.forum.manjaro.org/ has experienced a network protocol violation that cannot be repaired.

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because an error in the data transmission was detected.

Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

That can also happen when your connection is interrupted, e.g. part way through loading a page. Firefox detects an error in the HTTPS stream and reports it as a "network protocol violation".

That sounds feasable but why does it not happen with any other web page only Manjaro.
I have to load another site on a new tab, before I can load Manjaro on that same new tab, I used to just open another tab but now that does not work,

I don't know - I've never seen it. Can you replicate with a fresh browser profile?

You could set one up specifically for the Manjaro forum and run two Firefox instances side-by-side with e.g.

firefox -new-instance -P Manjaro

This way it removes all other local variables (though not network conditions etc., but at least there are fewer variables).

Will have to wait till it happens again

On my devices (all incl mobile) it happens each FIRST time opening an old session page, i.e. I have set FF to load open tabs on startup. On reload the page shows normally.
If no forum page was open and open a bookmarked page, it loads OK.

Firefox 60 was released today and it does seem to have remedied all of the problems I've been experiencing with the Manjaro forums.

1 Like

no CTRL-F5 to load the forum on firefox 60 today

This is what I got today, this is new
I still can access the forum with CTRL-F5 though

I've not seen this error since Firefox 59. It's interesting that you've begun to see it with Firefox 60.

Try clearing your site data according to the instructions here:

Not quite new:

But as before, it's normally a transmission error rather than a server-side issue.

Forum kindly sponsored by