RPi 4 8GB System freeze

Hello Community,

first time poster here, so please let me know if i do something wrong.
I have a RPi 4 with 8GB RAM and was so happy that Manjaro runs such smooth on it, even with dual monitor.

I installed Manjaro ARM XFCE 20.04 on my sd card and everything went fine. After some time the system starts to freeze at heavy workload (Example: Download at full speed or extracting an archive).

So i searched the Forum and there was a Post with a Guy who had the same issue. Sadly this post is closed and the solution was to change to Manjaro KDE.

I changed to Manjaro ARM KDE 20.04. Again everything runs smooth and then at some point the system freezes at heavy workloads.

As i am just a unix newbie i dont know where to search for the problem. Are there some log files that could show what happen before the freeze?
I just dont want to switch to Raspbian or whatever OS because i enjoy Manjaro very much, even on all my x86/64 machines.

Please let me know what data you need from me to help and i will post them asap.

Thanks in advance and keep on going the good work

Best Regards
Alex

Just if someone has the same struggle.
Strange solution:

i download or extract to usb-hdd then freeze happens after about 10mins
put a small USB extension between RPi4 and usb-device no freeze happens.

also the process webcontent which was at CPU usage ~80% while downloading is now at ~25%

Moved from Technical Issues and Assistance to Manjaro ARM: Technical Issues and Assistance for more visibility.

Glad you found the issue. That is a know issue with some usb drives as they are not shielded properly, at least according to the RPi people; some one could argue differently where to put the blame depending on your point of view. lol

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by