[S] Driver for an USB to HDMI Adapter

@Kyuunex @luigifcruz can you please tell me what package did you installed to make it work ?
thanks anyway

Sure, I didn't have to install any software. If working correctly, the uvcvideo kernel module will mount it automatically as a V4L2 device available at /dev/videoX. Where X is an integer indicating the number of the device. Generally, it's 0 if you have a single device connected. If you are not sure which device is which, v4l2-ctl --list-devices should help to list all connected V4L2 devices.

If no device is found, you probably have the same kernel problem I was having. You can confirm this by running dmesg | grep uvcvideo on the terminal and looking for something like this:

[   92.566665] uvcvideo: Found UVC 1.00 device <unnamed> (534d:2109)

If nothing is returned, uvcvideo is faulty and you have this bug.

I'm still trying to find the root cause of this problem and should post an update here soon. Meanwhile, the kernel version that worked for me is 5.6.19. You can install it via pacman -S linux56 and select it on boot with grub. Keep in mind this is not an LTS kernel version.

my ultimate solution is doing echo "uvcvideo" | sudo tee /etc/modules-load.d/uvc.conf and rebooting

1 Like

I can confirm this patch works here too.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by